Using bru vigor vs. not using brew vigor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpm5171988

Reaction score
I've used brew vigor in every batch of beer that I've brewed. Today, I went to a home brew supplier that I've never been to before (I just recently moved) with a list of ingredients for my next batch of beer. He told me that I don't need the bru vigor since I'm using water salts, and that bru vigor is just minerals to add to the water. Is this true? I thought that bru vigor was added to wort to help provide the yeast with extra nutrients and help with fermentation. Can anyone give me any helpful information? Should I go back to the home brew supplier and pick up some bru vigor, or will my beer ferment just as well without it?

I think bru-vigor contains more than just minerals. It's listed here as containing "nutrients and enzymes."

I agree though, that, as long as you aren't brewing something too heavy, you probably don't need it.

Back