Used flip-top bottle prices.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeRags

Reaction score
Would you pay $50 for 5 cases of used 750mL flip-top bottles? (12/case). None are clear, I believe they are all amber.

Is this a good deal? Are the flip-top's worth it?... yes, this is a craigslist find.

Thanks.

fair price... flip are super nice to have laying around - especially if you want to pour off the keg into one and quickly cap it up for a road trip.

sirsloop said:
fair price... flip are super nice to have laying around - especially if you want to pour off the keg into one and quickly cap it up for a road trip.

Didnt even think of that.... perfect. Many times I want to take a few beers to a friends house, but dont want to lug the keg and CO2 tank.

I'll take 'em!

Thanks fella's.

I would kill a head of state for 5 cases of flip-tops at 83 cents each. If you don't like em, you could easily Ebay em and double your money.

So, they are not 750 mL as I thought in the beginning.... 500 mL bottles. Still a good deal, so I went for it. The guy I bought them from works for Thomas Hooker out of Bloomfield CT. I've heard of them, but never tried any of their brews. He hooked me up with a bottle of their Marley Barleywine, and it was delicious... so very delicious.

Anyway, I ended up with 60 bottles, 24 of which are Grolsch, the rest look like they were from the brewery. With the barleywine, make that 61 total flip tops for $50.

PICT1353.jpg

I really like the blue... only 4 though.

PICT1354.jpg

im going to go to this style of beer bottles myself i talked to one of my lhbs and he will sell them to me brand new 500ML ones for $1.00 canadian each
how do you guys like these bottles?

Personally, I really don't get what the big deal about capping is. I find capping to be the best part of the entire process. Of course, I was trained as a metal worker so forming aluminum or light gauge steel is right up my alley. But I like it.

Nevertheless, I think the flip tops are very cool looking and if I were to give bottles
away, that's how I'd want to do it if cost were no object.

Nevertheless, I'm just going to acquire some funky colored caps and call it good. Collecting bottles in a royal PITA. I now have enough for 3 full batches and that's pretty good...

Good score!!!! :mug:

crown_cres said:
im going to go to this style of beer bottles myself i talked to one of my lhbs and he will sell them to me brand new 500ML ones for $1.00 canadian each
how do you guys like these bottles?

I love my flippies. I bottle 12- 18 twelve ounces per batch, and the rest usually go in flippies. They are so easy and cost effective. (not that caps cost an arm and a leg or anything...)

- magno

i always do a few flippies, just cuz i have 'em around and their kinda neat, but i find they don't carbonate as well. maybe they don't seal well and they're also rather large bottles, so...meh.

Latest posts

Back