Upgrading to a BCS rig from ebrewsupply.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newtstampede

Reaction score
Its been a while since I have been on here. Keezer is all finished finally. I have a new found hatred of wood stain. My PID box went up in flames due to an ******* gecko who decided to crawl inside and self BBQ. Good news is now I have a BCS system on the way. I just need to wait :smack:, put it together :ban:, and program the BCS :confused:. Shouldnt take too long though, I can always brew in manual mode anyway. More updates to come when the long wait is over.

Awesome! I'm literally working on mine right now. Tell us a little about your system, what options are you using, what kit, etc. Good luck with the build! Ryan from ebrewsupply is fantastic to work with.

Ryan was awesome even getting the thing shipped. Fedex wants $250 to ship to Hawaii so he is shipping it free, slower but its better than paying out the ass for shipping costs.

Its a 30A BCS-460 DIY kit with the M12 probes. I am having them cut the box (well worth it after my last attempt as cutting a panel). I already have a controller for my keezer so I might pick up another BCS for fermenting later on once I get the hang of programming it.

Nice, mine had some customization, but it is a 50amp inside the larger enclosure. I also had him cut it, but there are still a few additions I'm doing myself. Definitely the way to go for me though, I am terrified of screwing up that expensive stainless enclosure!

When mine shipped, it was two boxes totalling 78 lbs. I can't imagine the shipping cost to Hawaii! Like you said though, Ryan is a stand up guy. I'm glad he found a way to get you a good deal on shipping, because $250 is nuts!

2 brews down and I love this system. So far I have a cascade SMaSH and a saison currently stored in here.

Very nice! I have the pid version of this system. Also changed the herms setup and stayed with the RIMS.

I upgraded when it arrived. ECC said that all support would only be for 4.0 from now on so I figured it would be a good place to start.

I have a pre-built 50A panel from eBrew Supply that I bought last year and it has the old firmware. Not sure if I want to upgrade. I heard the new version does support Manuel mode

I have a pre-built 50A panel from eBrew Supply that I bought last year and it has the old firmware. Not sure if I want to upgrade. I heard the new version does support Manuel mode

Normal output control is available in manual mode, but full PID control is not available. It was a lot of duplicate code to what can already be done in a state. It takes only a couple of seconds to program the options in a state instead of doing it through manual mode, plus a state can be modified on the fly now, so there really isn't a whole lot of benefit to keeping the manual options.

Back