• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

50 Amp Brewery Controller - Electric Brewing Supply

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrentJ

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
50 Amp Dual Element control panel built by Electric Brewing Supply. This is a Cadillac brewery controller that supports simultaneous heat up of Strike water in Brew Kettle and HLT water at the same time. Then when your wort is in Brew Kettle you can either start to heat up water again for a second batch or heat up water to speed up the cleaning process. I've brewed a ton of batches with this panel over the last 7 years. You control set temps, boil duty rate, pump on/off, etc wirelessly through BCS module. The user interface is via a lap top computer and you can monitor (4) temp probes. I had one probe in mash tun, one in Brew Kettle, one in HLT and the last one on Herms return to the mash tun. Temp changes are easy. The BCS also controls (2) 5500w elements to make temp changes rapidly. These can be controlled via BCS in Auto mode or manually on the control panel via On/Off switch positions. Control of pumps can be by the BCS as well (in Auto mode) but I typically control pumps on/off via the panel. The panel supports low level switches so you don't burn up heating elements due to low level in BK or HLT. You can bypass this feature and that is the way I typically ran the panel. I have (4) 1 1/2" TC probes and (3) 1/2" npt probes that will come with the panel. So this system should work whether you have kettles with TC connections or NPT connections. I only had one issue with the panel and it was a faulty breaker that has been replaced. Ryan with Electric Brewing Supply is great to work with if you have any questions or need replacement components. Comes with 5' power cord with standard 50 amp RV style male plug. I paid close to $2,000 when the panel was purchased new. Asking price is $800 and I'd prefer local pickup in Steamboat Springs, CO but I will ship at the Buyer's expense including shipping insurance. Cash if in person sale or Paypal if shipped with Buyer paying paypal fees. I'd be happy to demonstrate the system in operation if picked up in person. If you have questions feel free to message me directly. If your looking to upgrade to an Electric Brewery this is an awesome controller, once you've brewed with Dual Elements it is difficult to go back to 30 Amp single element control....

50 Amp Panel.JPG50 Amp Panel - In Operation.JPG50 Amp Panel - Full System.JPG50 Amp Panel - Connections.JPG50 Amp Panel - Cables.JPG50 Amp Panel - Instruction Manual.JPG

Attachments

• 50 Amp Panel - Computer Interface.JPG
    50 Amp Panel - Computer Interface.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
Back