Updated valve for Anvil Foundry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GPDitches

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have an updated ball valve that will fit the Anvil Foundry? I'm just looking to add a quick connect fitting to it, since every hose I use for brewing uses quick connects.

Thought about swapping the whole thing out or just getting the correct size QD for the current valve. Checking on both options.

Digging around in the usual Chinese places, I can't find a straight ball valve with the same fixed face on the weldless side as the Anvil one. They all seem to be made up with washers on both sides of the kettle wall. There are a couple of kits that use the same style of bibcock, but shipping with a QD pair instead of a hose barb.

The Anvil barb side looks like the barb slides into the valve with an O-ring and the finger ring spins around the barb shank to tighten it up. Is that correct. I can locate G3/4 QD garden tap fittings, but those are monoblocks with a flat rubber washer that seals against the outer face of the valve. I don't know if that will work for your fitting.

Beer-Wine-Stainless-Weldless-Quick-Disconnect-Ball-Valve-Kit-1-2-NPT-Homebrew-Mash-Tun-Boil.jpgHTB1fkf3OAzoK1RjSZFlq6yi4VXaa.jpg

Digging around in the usual Chinese places, I can't find a straight ball valve with the same fixed face on the weldless side as the Anvil one. They all seem to be made up with washers on both sides of the kettle wall. There are a couple of kits that use the same style of bibcock, but shipping with a QD pair instead of a hose barb.

The Anvil barb side looks like the barb slides into the valve with an O-ring and the finger ring spins around the barb shank to tighten it up. Is that correct. I can locate G3/4 QD garden tap fittings, but those are monoblocks with a flat rubber washer that seals against the outer face of the valve. I don't know if that will work for your fitting.

View attachment 703649View attachment 703650
Thanks. I'll go on Amazon and do some digging. Didn't know if someone had already done the upgrade.

Back