Anvil Spigot thread type?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizwold1

Grizwold Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have an Anvil Foundry 6.5 and want to add camlock fittings to my hoses. I assumed that the valve thread was 1/2 inch NPT, but apparently not, as the fitting will only screw on to the valve maybe one full turn. Suggestions? Is the valve fitting metric? If so, is there an adapter or workaround?

It's 1/2" straight thread, not NPT (tapered). Like what a shower hose uses. It relies on a gasket to seal, whereas NPT relies on the threads. Also called G-thread I think.

Thank you. Do you (or anyone) know if the valve assembly from a Digiboil will fit the Anvil? The camlocks thread on to those perfectly. Perhaps I should just get one and try it. LBS (NW Brewers Supply in Burlington WA) has one--only $15. Shout out to them BTW--great people

The thread is actually 1/2" BSPP. I have successfully forced a BSP tap into NPT female threads to make it compatible enough to thread on with some teflon tape.

Pretty sure BSPP and G are the same thing.

If that's the case, I'm not saying you're wrong, just - maybe it's a note that one could choose either thread as far as looking for parts and evaluating their descriptions.

Pretty sure BSPP and G are the same thing.

If that's the case, I'm not saying you're wrong, just - maybe it's a note that one could choose either thread as far as looking for parts and evaluating their descriptions.

I'm just clarifying that it's not NPS which is also a straight thread standard.

Thanks to Bobby and Tracer! I think this should work to adapt?

Metals Brass Pipe Fitting,Converter Adapter,1/2” G Thread Female to1/2” NPT Male Connector, Shower Extension Connector ,Chrome (2-Pack) (1/2G female X1/2NPT male)​

$12.99
Would prefer it in Stainless--maybe I'll find one. Until then this should get we thru.
(Don't know where the attachment came from but cannot seem to get rid of it)

Attachments

• 1667175503315.gif
    1667175503315.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 0

Metals Brass Pipe Fitting,Converter Adapter,1/2” G Thread Female to1/2” NPT Male Connector, Shower Extension Connector ,Chrome (2-Pack) (1/2G female X1/2NPT male)​

$12.99
Would prefer it in Stainless--maybe I'll find one. Until then this should get we thru.

You can do that or if you buy a CamA or a BLQD-A from me, I can run the BSP tap into it for you.

$12.99

I believe this will do the trick in SS:

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Re...to1/2+npt+male+connector,aps,131&sr=8-13&th=1

Back