Update on my 1st Homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCacheGuy

Reaction score
Well 14 days since bottling I popped the top on another bottle last night. When I put them in the fridge the clarity was very impressive, I was surprised at how good it looked. When I took it out I noticed there was some chill haze, figured this was probably normal. Poured the nice head was a very light caramel color. The aroma was very nice also. And the taste, this was probably one of the best beers I've ever tasted. Thank to everyone who with stupid all my questions. I'm really hooked on this hobby now.

ForumRunner_20130112_084252.jpg

ForumRunner_20130112_084402.jpg

Clarity is pretty good from what I can see. Give em another week,then at least a week in the fridge. sometimes,chill haze will take nearly that long to settle out like a fog. Next batch,get the hot wort chilled down to pitch temp in 20 minutes or less. That elliminates or cuts way down on the chill haze at fridge time.

Now that you have success (congratulations on that!) what do you have in the fermenter now? How many fermenters do you have full?

Now that you have success (congratulations on that!) what do you have in the fermenter now? How many fermenters do you have full?

I have a Red Ale in fermentation going on its 2nd week, and 3 gals Merlot bulk aging.

Clarity is pretty good from what I can see. Give em another week,then at least a week in the fridge. sometimes,chill haze will take nearly that long to settle out like a fog. Next batch,get the hot wort chilled down to pitch temp in 20 minutes or less. That elliminates or cuts way down on the chill haze at fridge time.
Thanks I thought the wort chill may have been the problem. Next purchase its a wort chiller.

Back