Unplugged Apple Ale - New Glarus Brewing Company

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a fantastic beer, a little sweet but great. My only complaint is that most of the sours coming from New Glarus are starting to taste the same. Their earlier versions seemed be be a bit more sour with an "edge". All in all a good beer.

I had one of these on New Years Eve. It was a little on the sweet side, but not over powering. It was really enjoyable. Here is the description from New Glarus:

Apple Ale sings with the fresh crisp taste of Wisconsin Apples. Our Brewmaster begins with a brown ale base employing Wisconsin farmed barley and a blend of apple varieties grown in Gays Mills. Our apple growing friends squeeze them especially for this brew. Expect this Ale to pour a beautiful copper color. The fresh bouquet of Apple will rise to meet you even before the glass touches your lips. So be sure to sip slowly and enjoy the fruits of a Wisconsin harvest.

It is a fantastic beer, a little sweet but great. My only complaint is that most of the sours coming from New Glarus are starting to taste the same. Their earlier versions seemed be be a bit more sour with an "edge". All in all a good beer.

I haven't had the Apple Ale, but I agree that sours I have had all taste similar. The cranberry one was great.

Back