Uno Mas for Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lubbock Brew

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've posted a few times on the board but am just getting around to introducing myself.

My name is Evan and I'm 21. I live in Lubbock, TX where there seem to be some homebrewers, though I've yet to be able to meet any. I've just ordered my first brew equipment. I made the decision to get the nicest stuff I could the first time.

I went with the Super-Deluxe Kegging Kit from www.morebeer.com

I compared quite a few kits and decided on this one. I added an extra primary and secondary glass carboy to help get the ball rolling and I've got a total of 3 corny kegs as of right now. I'm going to brew the light ale that comes with the kit for my first brew then plan on an American IPA and then hoping to go into something a little browner...I love brown ale like Newcastle.

Problem is I live with three beering drinking sons-a-bitches, plus myself. I figure I'll have to keep pretty busy on the kettle to keep some beer in the lines.

You guys ever have problems keeping something in stock?

Any suggestions you guys have on my equipment or inside secrets to help the whole process along and run smoother.

Anyway, I'm pretty young it seems for the board but I would love to learn from you pros.

Also, if anyone is from Lubbock, I would love to meet you and possibly try some homebrew. Thanks guys, and I'll see you around.

Gee, sounds like you will be needing a Brinks Safe to store your beer inside.:D
You bought a good kit and sounds like you're off to a good start. I have brewed up 8 batches since New Years, as I had run entirely out. I have been discovering some really good IPA's. Welcome to the world of brewing.

I was a popular frat brother in college. Could never keep enough around, so I started to to tell them what to buy for me to make the next batch with. So I know how you feel. Just give them a shopping list, or tell them what to order over the phone. That way they pay, you play....everyone wins. BTW....welcome, there are a few from SE Texas here.......enjoy.

hey Evan, glad you found us! and always glad to have another Texan around :^)
looks like a nice kit and seems to have just about everything you need to get going.

it'll be nice to have those guy's around to help with the brew. that way you get more practice, brew stays fresh, and no worries of storage space!

i have family from Stanton, Midland, Snyder....but none homebrew.....

Welcome Evan! I guess Texans love to home brew. Fast growing Texas crowd here I've noticed.

Hey Evan, glad you found us. Best of luck to you with your kit. I think I'd turn those other three into my brewday clean-up crew and pay'um with the beer.

Back