Under cabinet side port?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryantollefson

Reaction score
I'm looking to do something like the attached picture, with both a sink & the tap tower right next to each other (to save counter top space).

I need to do the kegerator under the cabinet, but it won't be able to go right under the tower because of the sink basin. I won't be able to go out of the top port either because it would hit the counter.

Does anyone know of an under cabinet fridge I could use and drill the side of? I've read about quite a few people hitting coils in the side of the fridge, and I haven't seen many successes.

Any other ideas?

18015f46098f556d6f17072b400ece2c.jpg

You could contact the manufacturer and ask for a schematic, or look on the web for the same.

That's a nice idea, above.

Just thinking out loud--if you put a small collar on the front--just a couple inches maybe--you'd have something through which you could pass beer lines, plus a tube to blow cold air.

The other thing I'm thinking about here is simply offset the keezer/kegerator and run the lines sideways instead of up. I think it would be very difficult to run lines out of the top into the tower and still have the sink in the way, yada, yada, yada.

One method of thinking of out of the box solutions is to carefully specify every element, and then change the elements one at a time. For instance, the kegerator is under the sink; what if it's not under the sink? You're using a tower; what other kinds of methods could be used? (Coffin, e.g.).

You need some sort of method to cool the lines on the way to the faucets; a "pipe chase" made of 1" dimension wood, with insulation inside it, would work. You need a fan to pump cold air through that, too, to keep the lines cold.

Good luck, and when you figure this out, please post about it (pics too!).

If the cabinet is deep enough bring the lines through the door on the hinge side, could wrap them in insulation until they reach the chase to the tower. Or use some flex tube of some sort(corrugated heater tube?) with insulation wrapped around it coming off the door to the tower. Long as you are on the hinge side movement will be minimal.

Or custom build an insulated cabinet(2" foam board) and use a glycol chiller to keep the area cold...

Yeah, I bailed on the idea of going out the side of the fridge... too many things weren't gonna work right (including too small of a sink to have both faucet & tap on the sink).

I'll do a new post when this is all done with details, but ended up putting the kegerator in a closet next to the bar and piping over.

See pic for very rough idea of what it will be.

20170726_223311.jpg

Latest posts

Back