Unboxing and First thoughts on the Fermzilla All Rounder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHans

Reaction score

First thoughts and unboxing of the Fermzilla All Rounder by Kegland.
I already have some beer fermenting away in this bubble right now.
When I've used it properly I will give it a full review. And also compare it to the Fermentasaurus Snub Nose.
What are your thoughts about this one? In my opinion, this could be a better alternative for many to the full-blown Fermzilla.
Cheers and hope you like the video / DrHans

Thanks! Its been super confusing trying to sort out KegLand vs. Keg King products - who is making what, the pros/cons, etc. Your vids have been helpful!

I just pre ordered one of these "all rounder" fermenters and the stainless pressure transfer kit. The ability to ferment and transfer under pressure, in a vessel that fits in my chest freezer, for under $100 is very appealing. Looking forward to trying it out.

I just pre ordered one of these "all rounder" fermenters and the stainless pressure transfer kit. The ability to ferment and transfer under pressure, in a vessel that fits in my chest freezer, for under $100 is very appealing. Looking forward to trying it out.

Im sure you will like pressurized fermentation!

Just got one of these myself! How do you like it so far? Any tips/tricks?

I like it so much that I bought a second! Now I can pressure transfer to another pressurized vessel for secondary to dry hop or add fruit.
Question: when racking to a second vessel on dry hops or fruit, are you just purging the receiving/second vessel with CO2 first when the dry hops/fruit are in the second vessel? Haven't done any sort of "secondary" before but in a closed system, I assume that the second vessel is "pre-purged" after you put the fruit in. Is this correct? in my mind, having a closed system means minimizing O2, so I assume that the second vessel has already been purged as much as possible. Thanks.

Yes, I have only done it once so far but when I did I just purged it a number of times with CO2 after I added the hops, then transferred in the beer with a jumper. It worked well.

Next time, I am going to try connecting the gas post from the primary to the liquid post of the secondary (with the dry hops already added) and put my spunding valve on the gas post of the secondary right away. That way the CO2 from primary fermentation should completely purge any oxygen from the secondary for me before I transfer.

I like it so much that I bought a second! Now I can pressure transfer to another pressurized vessel for secondary to dry hop or add fruit.

Good to hear! I'm still waiting on my floating dip tube and ball lock connections, but I'm eager to try it out. I plan on hooking up the gas output to a corny keg and using the fermentation to purge the corny with CO2. This will then be my serving keg.

Does anyone have a pic of their all rounder with handles installed along with the gallon marker. Thanks

@Buckracer24 which all rounder are you interested in seeing pictures of? I have a 60L version.

There was a line on the marker sticker that I assumed was suppose to align with the seam on the bottom of the fermentor. I did some test with a few different volumes and it seem to match up. You could use some painters tape to temporarily put it in place to check alignment.

I put the handles on the inside of the two bracket pieces it that make sense.

Back