Ukeg nitro

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Partagas

Reaction score
Anyone else jumping in on their kickstarter campaign? Im a big fan of their growlers and I figured i could use this one for both cold brewed coffee and my special stouts.

Yes I did. I enjoy nitro cold brew and if it isn’t the best then I can use it for stouts. The price with the extras and 2 cartridges is the same as the regular price for the growler.

Yes I did. I enjoy nitro cold brew and if it isn’t the best then I can use it for stouts. The price with the extras and 2 cartridges is the same as the regular price for the growler.

My only grievance is the cost of the cartridges. I think $3 for an 18 gram cartridge can get a little costly over time. Checking online and there are not too many options, some are N20, gotta do some research if that can be used for stouts without any adverse effects.

My only grievance is the cost of the cartridges. I think $3 for an 18 gram cartridge can get a little costly over time. Checking online and there are not too many options, some are N20, gotta do some research if that can be used for stouts without any adverse effects.

A little info from the site, regarding the cartridges.
“N2 is what is most commonly used with the mass produced Nitro coffees as it is easier to get in larger quantities and will work if you are able to find the right size cartridges. N2O is inert (most commonly used for keeping dairy in whipped cream fresh) and will not oxidize the coffee which is why we went this direction. We have put the uKeg through a variety of scenarios and even had the Starbuck's coffee counsel do some testing over a two week period and found that there was no significant different in what they are pouring and what is poured from the uKeg Nitro.

To your point the Oxygen in N2O can be an oxidizer but the temperature would have to soar up high and only then would there be issues in freshness.

Regarding the volume of gas in the cartridges, you will have plenty to infuse the coffee, keep it fresh, pour it all out, and a bit to help rinse out the tubing before filling it again.

I am looking for documentation regarding the third part of your question on mouthfeel and fizz, but until then I do hope that helps and if you have any other questions, please let us know.”

Back