UK home brew stores - Switzerland first timer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpm07

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I live in Switzerland and am currently preparing for my first ever batch of home brewed beer. I can obtain most of the ingredients here in CH but am having trouble getting my hands on unhopped malt extract. It seems there are a few UK websites that sell this so my question is simply: what is the best/most reliable Online UK store for these types of purchases? I'd like to make sure that I order from a site that will give prompt and good service. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks :)

maltmiller.co.uk is high quality and cheap. copperkettle.co.uk is also cheap but a little less reliable and not such good stuff.

Bpm, where do you get supplies in Switzerland? I moved here from California and would like to begin brewing again. Do you know a good place for equipment/other supplies? I'm in the French speaking region but could order/travel to other places, too.

Bpm, where do you get supplies in Switzerland? I moved here from California and would like to begin brewing again. Do you know a good place for equipment/other supplies? I'm in the French speaking region but could order/travel to other places, to!o.

I use brauundrauchshop for pretty much everything. They deliver straight to my door, usually in a couple days.

There's also SIOS but they are usually at least 50% more expensive and their selection doesn't seem as varied, so I've never ordered from them. Might be good though, for all I know.

If you have a Landi nearby, it might be worth a visit because they often have random equipment that can be useful for brewing. Swilch even have glass carboys in their catalog, which I used to think were only available in the good 'ole US and A!

If you're ever in Basel, let me know... always up for a beer :mug:

Back