Newbie to the forum and home brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quiggers

Reaction score
Hi All,

Been a long time wish to home brew.
I've tried a beer from grain with little success and a hard cider with local apple mill product, with little success lol.

So time to stop winging it and get some advice lol.

I'm in New England and spent a lot of time in Cornwall UK, where cider reigns Supreme. So this will be my beverage to master. Hopefully.

Welcome to the forum. Great people here and don't be afraid to ask questions. Good luck on your brewing endeavors!

John

Welcome! Cider is fun and can be tasty for sure. What problems have you encountered? Have you tried to dial in a ferment removing some of the variables and obstacles? like dialing in fermentation temp control (I think is VERY important) and maybe just buying some cider juice that you know is good so you can kind of dial in your process and then dial in the flavor profiles you want?

Have fun with it!

Cheers
Jay

Thanks Jay. Not problems so far as just inexperience of the process.

In another post, I just fermented the pressed cider straight in the carboy with no additional yeast or sugar, where it is now extremely tart. I am going to back sweeten as per the advice given here. And take a trip to the library for a good home brew book lol before trying another batch.

Back