Typical Conditioning Time For 22oz Bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhegarty

Reaction score
My first batch has been in 22oz bottles for 18 days. What is the typical length of time for conditioning in this size bottle? I don't see any yeast in the bottom of the bottles and I'm getting kind of anxious for a taste but i'm thinking 22's may take longer to condition.

Some say 22's take longer because their bigger, but I don't buy it because they also have more yeast in them. I bottle 50/50 with 22's and 12's and I can say from my experience that the three week rule still applies.

I have used some 740ml bottles (~25oz) for a few beers. I think 3 weeks has been fine. Though I think some brews just need more time than 3 weeks no matter what the bottle size is. I made a fantastic ESB that was ~6.5% ABV and it was good at 3 weeks but every week after it got way better and better. Hell, I think my wife caught be drooling as I was pouring once.

Back