Twisted Tea?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sttifyd35

Reaction score
If Twisted Tea is a malt beverage, does that mean a basic beer base base is brewed and then fermented with tea? Trying to figure this out so i can try making some.

Why? Twisted tea is only brewed to comply with state alcohol laws. True twisted tea is tea mixed with vodka.

Ok so heres my question. If true twisted tea is mixed with vodka, what ratio would it take to make the 5% abv. that they typically are? For example, they discontinued their Tropical flavor, so im going to make my own. Figure ill do a half tea/lemonade and mix it with the juices of peach, mango, and pineapple.
If i add in the vodka and for say am making a gallon batch, how much vodka would i be using?

Ok so heres my question. If true twisted tea is mixed with vodka, what ratio would it take to make the 5% abv. that they typically are? For example, they discontinued their Tropical flavor, so im going to make my own. Figure ill do a half tea/lemonade and mix it with the juices of peach, mango, and pineapple.
If i add in the vodka and for say am making a gallon batch, how much vodka would i be using?

112 ounces of non-alcoholic tea/lemonade/juice + 16 ounces of 80 proof vodka = 1 gallon of 5% ABV twisted tea

Back