Turkish Delight Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

declanhalpin

Reaction score
Last night I came up with an impromptu partial batch- my 30th batch of the year, but only my 3rd Partial. If you've ever had a Fry's Turkish Delight (one of my favorite bars) you'll know what I was going for....

.5 lb chocolate malt
.5 lb roasted barley
.5 lb crystal 135
.5 lb oats

Mashed for 60 mins at 154. Then add water up to 4 gallons, bring to boil and add:

5 lbs DME
2.5 oz fuggles
.5 lb lactose
1 tablespoon rose water

At 20 mins add 1 teaspoon rosewater (most of the previous had boiled off)

Cool, top up to 5 gals, and pitch Scottish ale yeast (its what I had).

Whaddya think?

Weeell,let's see...Turkish delight with rose water. Turkish hashish with rose bong water flavors??? :D:drunk::cross: jk,had to say it...unless I'm kind of right?

OP here- just tasted it and the balance is perfect. I wish it was just a bit sweeter but the rosewater is subtle, which was my main concern. Bottling next weekend!

Weeell,let's see...Turkish delight with rose water. Turkish hashish with rose bong water flavors??? :D:drunk::cross: jk,had to say it...unless I'm kind of right?

Wouldn't turn down a glass of that, if it were offered. Would probably get rather insistent if it were red Leb though.:fro:

Or blueberry kush with rose bong water. Lolz. Orange blossom honey with rose water would be pretty good as well,to my thinking.

It's nice. The rose flavor is very subtle. I would probably halve the roasted barley and mash a little hotter next time. But overall a nice, unique brew.

Back