Turkey fryer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edbeenbreto

Reaction score
Well like most in using a 7gal turkey fryer to brew my beer in. Now not sure where to put this post but is figure why not here. So my bucket has a spout on the side and I want to put a full port ball value eaiser draining. Has anyone done this? If so pics and discripion please 😁. Or the sizes lol thanks guys!!

I wouldn't add a metal ball valve to plastic, believe it or not, the plastic wall are not too strong and any added weight to the ball valve might dislodge it and give you an irreparable leak in the middle of everything.

If you do try this, get a step bit and drill away:

35-517.jpg

Yup.. I have 3pc weldless ball valve with a heat shield from Brewhardware on my 8gal kettle that I use for deep frying, and of course my brew kettles as well. Makes emptying out the oil a heck of a lot easier.

I was thinking he just was wanting to swap an existing spigot on his turkey fryer kettle to a 3pc ball valve.

Sorry my Fryer is NOT PLASTIC lol. But it does have a spout on it to drain the oil. I want to use the same spout (take off the metal one) and put a ball value sorry for the confusion. I'm playing army and on my phone at work so have to hit it lol.

Well in that case, you can absolutely do it.. The step bit would be the easiest way to increase the size of the hole if you need to. Then just put a bulkhead in there, attach you ball valve.. and I do recommend the heat shield.

I've drilled all of these except the bottom one.

I use cooking oil when drilling, cutting into stainless is tough, go slow:

attachment.php

there are weldless thermometers you can get as well.. easy as drilling a hole and installing them.

Step bit, oil, patience, and some good sandpaper to get rid of the burs that will be on the inside of your step bit hole. Or better yet you can get a sheet metal punch and the cut will be smooth.

Back