Turkey Fryer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roryspa

Reaction score
Anyone ever use a turkey fryer for brewing. My wife is great with me brewing very supportive, but she hates how the kitchen smells for a while afterwards. I am thinking of searching craig's list for a turkey fryer to brew in garage. I am wondering how this idea works!

roryspa said:
Anyone ever use a turkey fryer for brewing. My wife is great with me brewing very supportive, but she hates how the kitchen smells for a while afterwards. I am thinking of searching craig's list for a turkey fryer to brew in garage. I am wondering how this idea works!

Plenty of people use them and think they work just fine. I did my first all-grain batch with one and it worked great.

See if you can still find the 44qt stainless steel setup at Costco for $80. Best deal in town.

Turkey fryers kick butt.

Just say it with us, class, "We don't use the turkey fryer inside the house." Gooooood kids. :)

i got my turkey fryer with all the accessories (and 30qt pot) for $20 on craigslist! huzzah!

30qt on ebay BIN for $42 with shipping, thermometer, pot and burner. Check around...cheap and perfect for full boils. Just be sure to boil water in it and throuw out to get the oxy coating. Alum chunks in beer = bad.

Just got a mondo huge burner from homebrewheaven.com. Still didn't wanna scrimp on the pot though. Had and got rid of one of those cheapy aluminum tamale pots you can find at mexican markets. Discolored after the first use. :eek:

Cheesefood said:
Plenty of people use them and think they work just fine. I did my first all-grain batch with one and it worked great.

See if you can still find the 44qt stainless steel setup at Costco for $80. Best deal in town.

We got that same setup at COSTCO last week for $40. Look for em! I didn't see them here in Maryland, but my roommate picked one up on a whim in PA.

jezter6 said:
We got that same setup at COSTCO last week for $40. Look for em! I didn't see them here in Maryland, but my roommate picked one up on a whim in PA.

Man, that's cheap. I just saw them today at a Costco in Calgary, and they were $129 CDN. I am envious!

If you use it in the garage, be sure to use it close to the fully open door! Otherwise you'll kill yourself with CO poisoning. Burning propane indoors builds up the carbon monoxide like you wouldn't believe.

Back