turbo yeast question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ben the brewman

Reaction score
i have made something using turbo yeast and it produced 13% abv in 48 hours but it looks like the yeast is still floating around in the liquid. what do i need to do to remove this.

im not gonna drink this brew without distilling it. the turbo yeast kinda smells like a heffewizen yeast.

so whats the big deal about turbo yeast if it makes 14% abv in 24 hours but takes 2 weeks to clear up.

Turbo yeast has been selected to rapidly ferment high gravity worts that will be distilled. If you are distilling, it doesn't matter that the yeast isn't settling. If you aren't distilling, it will take a long time to clear & probably not taste very good, unless you kept the temperature below 70F.

I only use it to dry out ales after the primary fermentation is done.

If you're going to be distilling, you really ought to find a distillation forum. This is a community about brewing beer, not making spirits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back