Turbo yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turbo yeast and mead is a definite "Nope" for me. It chows down on almost all of the sugar, so leaves it very dry and flavorless.

I've used LalBrew high performance nottingham ale yeast to do cyser which topped out around 15-16% while step-feeding....
So is step feeding a process of adding nutrients, more yeast or more fermentables (or combination) during fermentation? I’m trying to get up the gumption to make a seltzer for my son-in-law, and it seems like a technique I’ve heard described. What’s its purpose?

It's like when you're full from eating Thanksgiving dinner. You're not going to go up for another plate, but you might nibble on the pie sitting in front of you. Just another sliver. And maybe another, but a really small thin sliver. Well, maybe another. Just a crumb crust. By the end of the nibbling, you've eaten a whole nother slice.

How was that flavor?
I'm using it for cyser and not basic mead

Notti ale yeast produced great smell and taste, just slightly bitter. I've done 2 batches (dry and sweet) and all turned out great. Right now I'm doing another cyser with notti-ale with plan to step-feed it just as a test run....

Compared to other yeast (E1118, D47 and 71) I think notti ale yeast is the best for cysers....

Latest posts

Back