TTL Now Available in the US!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingBrianI

Reaction score
Was at my local bottle shop today and noticed that they had expanded their british beer selection. And among the additions was Timothy Taylor Landlord. Did you guys know this was being distributed in the US now? I had to have my British friends bring a bottle to the US the last time I had it. Sorry, I started drinking it before I decided to take a picture, so the glass isn't quite full! :D

59DB9FF2-8D90-4D78-9A70-6AF755D11A98-7942-0000071C1CAB9EEA.jpg

Funny, I just learned this a few days ago and was coming here to see if anyone had posted it. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned, since it's apparently been here for a few months.

I've been in contact with the importers and they've told me that getting it in California shouldn't be a problem and it's coming to Florida soon. I found a few online shops in the Chicago area, too.

I live in Texas and they said that Texas is the most difficult state to sell beer in, as the state requires the importer to pay $1000 per brewery per year and extensive lab testing is required. Apparently such fees are much smaller or nonexistent in most states and none require lab testing. No wonder so many breweries don't bother distributing in Texas. :(

Until they get it worked out, it looks like I'll be picking up cases when I travel.

The story behind the ultimately successful 15-year quest to import TTL is here:

http://www.sheltonbrothers.com/338/timothy-taylors-landlord/

Great post, thanks for the link. I wish it was my job to travel the world in search of new beers to import!

Back