triple IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THEDIETZ

Reaction score
Just found out that locally they are having a brewing competition for a triple IPA. I normally don't enter these because they require bottles, but you can bring a growler to this. So i came up with a recipe that consists of all malt. After looking at others for ideas though I see many people use sugar to get the high gravity.

What do you guys suggest? Should i stick with all malt or use some sugars to get my gravity up high? My only concern with all malt is beer smith is calling for 14 gallons of water in my mash....tihs isn't going to make it in the keggle...so i might have to cut the water back.

Chouffe Houblon is in my mind the archetype for this style, and every clone recipe I've seen for it has sugar added. I think without the addition of sugar you wouldn't end up with a beer thats attenuated enough for the style either.

My $.02

Check out my belgian IPA recipe. Click on 'recipes' under my name.

Back