Spice, Herb, or Vegetable Beer Triple Chocolate Milk Stout - Chocolate Lovers Only!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feel free to swap some grains around to get the color your going for but i strongly suggest using the same amount of chocolate ingedrients per gallon. You dont want to end up making a chocolate beer that doesnt taste like chocolate and as ive said previously the chocolate flavor is not sweet

I'm going to do all grain. Good to know about the chocolate, I was worried that scaling it would dilute the flavor. Thanks !

Gonna make this in the next week or so but gonna add 4oz of brewers best peanut butter extra to the keg for a peanut butter cup beer

Gonna scale the chocolate malt to .5lb and add a .5lb of carafa iii

Gonna make this in the next week or so but gonna add 4oz of brewers best peanut butter extra to the keg for a peanut butter cup beer

Gonna scale the chocolate malt to .5lb and add a .5lb of carafa iii
Hey how would you go about trying to make it a sweet chocolate? I’m planning on making an Oreo stout using essentially this recipe but adding the Oreo chocolate in combination with less cocoa powder during boil. Any advice?

Hey how would you go about trying to make it a sweet chocolate? I’m planning on making an Oreo stout using essentially this recipe but adding the Oreo chocolate in combination with less cocoa powder during boil. Any advice?
You could add more lactose, that would sweet it up or mash higher around 158

Brewed this today, mashed at 66°C, as I wasn't sure about mashing neither at 65°C nor 68°C so went for a middle ground and added a couple things of my own to the grist, I will probably add the nibs while fermentation is still going but not at its peak, to avoid any oxidation

Brewed this last night, pretty much the same original recipe. I wanted lower IBU so i subbed fuggles and only for the last 15 minutes OG: 1.050. IBU around 24. Looks and smells great. Adding the nibs next week and patiently wait to bottle.

Attachments

• 20201109_020500.jpg
    20201109_020500.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
Brewed this last night, pretty much the same original recipe. I wanted lower IBU so i subbed fuggles and only for the last 15 minutes OG: 1.050. IBU around 24. Looks and smells great. Adding the nibs next week and patiently wait to bottle.

UPDATE/Question...

Added in the nibs, waited 2 weeks. Took a gravity reading and it says 1.026 after 3 weeks in primary. My air temp sits between 55-60 in my brew space. Should I let it go another week or two? I did a one gallon batch as that is what i have the capacity for at this time so I didnt take any gravity readings along the way so I didnt lose too much beer in the process....any help would be appreciated. I used a 1/2 packet of safale05

Last edited:
UPDATE/Question...

Added in the nibs, waited 2 weeks. Took a gravity reading and it says 1.026 after 3 weeks in primary. My air temp sits between 55-60 in my brew space. Should I let it go another week or two? I did a one gallon batch as that is what i have the capacity for at this time so I didnt take any gravity readings along the way so I didnt lose too much beer in the process....any help would be appreciated. I used a 1/2 packet of safale05

Gravity should be a bit higher due to the lactose, but that still seems a bit high. Maybe pitch the other half packet

Back