Trip to Trillium Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bahamut6565

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm visiting the Trillium Brewery for the first time this Saturday, and I was hoping to get some input from people who have been there. A couple questions:

1. Should I plan for a line? I intend to show up around 12. Should I be there earlier, or later when a potential line dies down?

2. What should the beer priorities be? I plan to spend about $40 and am thinking about getting a 64oz growler of Congress Street, a bottle of Fort Point, and a bottle of Pot and Kettle. Any alternative suggestions?

Thanks!

There is hardly ever a line unless there is a heavily advertised bottle release or right after work. I mostly go there on weekdays because I work nearby, but I don't think you will encounter a wait at all on Saturday.

Trillium just tweeted that Congress St kicked for growlers, but they still have it in bottles. This is what I would reccommend:

1) 64 oz growler of Fort Point
2) Bottle of Congress Street IPA
3) Bottle of Pot & Kettle with cold brewed Barrington Coffee (this is being released today and should last till saturday)
4) whatever else you're interested in that brings you to your $40.

Out of the remaining bottles, I like Wakerobin. I haven't tried Stonington yet and I've had mixed results with Lineage Wheat.

You can keep tabs on their twitter account and this page for what they currently have:
http://www.trilliumbrewing.com/wordpress_blog/beers/find-trillium-2/

PS: If you're interested in grabbing some other local craft, Fort Point Market is right next door and has a nice selection.

Last edited:
There is hardly ever a line unless there is a heavily advertised bottle release or right after work. I mostly go there on weekdays because I work nearby, but I don't think you will encounter a wait at all on Saturday.

Trillium just tweeted that Congress St kicked for growlers, but they still have it in bottles. This is what I would reccommend:

1) 64 oz growler of Fort Point
2) Bottle of Congress Street IPA
3) Bottle of Pot & Kettle with cold brewed Barrington Coffee (this is being released today and should last till saturday)
4) whatever else you're interested in that brings you to your $40.

Out of the remaining bottles, I like Wakerobin. I haven't tried Stonington yet and I've had mixed results with Lineage Wheat.

You can keep tabs on their twitter account and this page for what they currently have:
http://www.trilliumbrewing.com/wordpress_blog/beers/find-trillium-2/

PS: If you're interested in grabbing some other local craft, For Point Market is right next door and has a nice selection.

You just took care of everything I wanted to know.
If Congress Street is unavailable, then I think I'll go with your recommendation. The Pot & Kettle with coffee sounds fantastic.

Thanks brother.

Hi All,
I'm visiting the Trillium Brewery for the first time this Saturday, and I was hoping to get some input from people who have been there. A couple questions:

1. Should I plan for a line? I intend to show up around 12. Should I be there earlier, or later when a potential line dies down?

2. What should the beer priorities be? I plan to spend about $40 and am thinking about getting a 64oz growler of Congress Street, a bottle of Fort Point, and a bottle of Pot and Kettle. Any alternative suggestions?

Thanks!

It's also not a very long visit. It's a small place and of course you can taste and spend some time, but there's really not much to see or do. Head over next door to Row 34 for food/drinks to make it worth the while.

It's also not a very long visit. It's a small place and of course you can taste and spend some time, but there's really not much to see or do. Head over next door to Row 34 for food/drinks to make it worth the while.

My wife will appreciate this advice. She's not a beer fan, so she's not exactly pumped to tag along. Food will make it better. We're also stopping by Boston Winery along the way to keep her happy.

Latest posts

Back