Trash Pickup Day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fionnbharr

Just Some Guy in a Hat
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have used motor oil, dead smoke-detectors, used car batteries, MAPP gas cylinders, and an un-usable rubbermaid garbage can.

Guess which one I can't seem to get picked-up?

Yeah, dude seems mad about this thread. Maybe he's the garbage man.

You have to fill out form TTSA-3M to have a garbage can decommissioned. Fax only to 1-900-5555. Once your application has been accepted, you must send the can, postage paid, in a self addressed, postage paid return crate, to the Office of Refuse Remittance Department for final inspection. This office is located at your town dump. Once the office has determined the state of your garbage can, it will be mailed back to you for proper disposal.

The town is no longer picking up decommissioned garbage cans. You must dispose of such cans in person at your town dump.

Receipt of decommissioned garbage cans by US Mail is an offense punishable by $500 fine.

Have a nice day.

lol, In all honesty though. The trash guy probly isn't going to throw away a garbage can. You should probly hang a note on it or somthing, so they know to chuck it too.

Dude, i know you... I am your garbage man. I actually posted on this forum talking about this idiot who kept putting an empty garbage can out on the curb with all this crap next to it.

A buddy of mine put a sign "please take the empty garbage can" on his old garbage can 3 weeks in a row, even had the new one with the garbage in it sitting next to it, and could not get them to take it away. He finally taped a $10 on the top with the note and it was gone.

A buddy of mine put a sign "please take the empty garbage can" on his old garbage can 3 weeks in a row, even had the new one with the garbage in it sitting next to it, and could not get them to take it away. He finally taped a $10 on the top with the note and it was gone.

I'm not sure literacy is a strong suit of a garbage man!

I kid I kid. :p

It only disappeared because he couldn't get the tape off.

Junk day is the 3rd pickup day of the month around here. They have a seperate truck with the dumper on the front for picking up your extra,non-usual junk. Then of course the arm truck for the green recyclable stuff,& the blue can for garbage.

I had the same problem. I even attempted the sign. I spray-painted 'garbage' on the side of the can, which in retrospect probably made the garbageman just nod his head and say 'yup'.

The thing kept coming back even though there was a 1 foot hole in the bottom of the can. Finally had to cut it up. It's the only way.

So, what's the best tool for cutting up a garbage can? I imagine it matters if it's plastic or metal.

I chose a machete.

Back