Transfering wort to fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finigan4710

Reaction score
How do Yal transfer your wort into the fermenter. I put it through strainers in all but I brew in a 7.5 gallon pot w 5 gallons of wort. Whenever I pour it into my fermenting bucket beer gets everywhere

I use the Venturi effect in my siphon to my fermentor. It aerated and transfers. Its in my signature.

I used to pour through a large funnel, occasionally with a strainer in the funnel, into a carboy.

Can't you just start your pour a little slower? You could also siphon to your bucket and avoid lifting/splashing.

But when I pour it in some goes down the side of the pot and falls on the ground

You're either pouring too fast,or not tipping the BK enough to get an even flow straight into the funnel,strainer,etc. Since I have plastic FV's,I place a large fine mesh strainer ofer the top of the fermenter & pour in a circular pattern. This has the effect of making the wort come out the bottom of the strainer like rain,improving aeration a bit. Dito with top off water.

Back