Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookiemehnster

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm making a trash can kegerator for a family reunion. (Something like this:

My wife isn't a fan of the iron pipe/industrial look, and I'm looking for something more original than the standard stainless steel tower from the LHBS.

I'm open to any ideas y'all might have. Something DIY is more likely to hit my $100ish price point (I already have the faucets and other hardware). It'll be a 2 tap setup.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Greetings, cookiemehnster, and welcome to HBT :mug:

This is a one-time deal, yes?
I'd be inclined to convince the Spousal Unit of the folly of a serious investment in an eventual dust collecting device.
Otherwise...how would she feel about PVC and a rattle-can paint job?

Cheers! (and good luck ;))

Since you are in Tx, you might get away with this. Only will cost a couple ammo cans and a hole bit.
IMG_7418.JPG

I'd be inclined to convince the Spousal Unit of the folly of a serious investment in an eventual dust collecting device.

Thanks for the welcome!

It's not a one-off, but after the reunion I'll move the faucets back to my keezer until it's needed again. It'll probably come out 2-5 times a year (mostly during football season). I'm also getting some help from the reunion budget so I'm inclined to class it up a bit.

I do like the simplicity and durability of the iron pipe, but something with more originality would be great.

this guy knows. i've built a few of these setups out of brute 32-gallon trash cans with pvc towers, painted whatever color the buyer asks for. the trash can runs about $35 at home depot, and the parts for the tower are probably around $20 total (18" pvc pipe, end cap, flange, mounting hardware, and a plate to secure everything under the lid-this is important if you don't want a floppy tower). plus shank, coupler, faucet, tubing, etc etc. built out for around $120. nice little units.

Back