Toucan stout- both Cooper's Dry Irish Stout?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clone63

Reaction score
I tried to sign up for an aussie forum to ask this, but never got the validation email (twice). ANYWAY..

I've seen a lot of people refer to a toucan stout (2 can) using 1 can of Cooper's stout and 1 can of Cooper's dark ale in 1 brew. Sounds fine, but I'm not even sure I can get the dark ale here. I know for sure I can get Cooper's Select Dry Irish Stout. I've seen mention of people brewing 2 of these, but no reported results. Would be great if I could get something close to a RIS, but seeing a lot of low attenuation reports with this kit, so I'm checking if anyone has tried this, or at least has a good idea or recommendation of where to go!

Thanks!!

I've never done a toucan stout,but I used two Cooper's cans,3lbs of Munton's plain DME & hops in my AE rendition of a Burton ale. Might be really roasty with two stout cans. Adding one dark ale can would smooth it out...maybe too much?

Back