Total Infection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pfooti, thats one of the best solutions ive heard. it may just come to that. because there is no way i want to give up brewing. stepping it up like that bit by bit sounds like the way to hit it.

I would suggest buying starsan and using that to sanitize instead of bleach. The bleach smell & taste could also linger into your brew. I would also sanitize your chiller in a bucket before putting it into the wort. I know many people just boil them clean, but I like to sanitize mine. Also try using a packet of dry yeast. Like pfooti says, its a process of elimination. Another option is to try bottled spring water if you are using tap water.

Doh! I shoulda read to the end of this thread before replying.

Here's hoping you figured it out, and get a good batch! :mug:

transferred my citra ipa to a keg today. brewed with the same process in the same space but with five star cleaning/sanitizing products in place of bleach and water solution. beer tasted excellent.

so, ive learned that i am not a chemist and that i should understand that part of brewing maybe a bit more as its been months since ive been able to brew a clean batch.

thanks for the help all.

Back