Tool Box suggestions for Pump build?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonnieZ

Reaction score
Finally getting around to adding a pump to my brewing setup.

As of right now, I'm planning on going from kettle to pump, to plate chiller to fermentaiton vessel.

I had been thinking how the hell am I going to integrate this into my brewing setup since I don't really have a permanent rig. So I saw this genius idea last night where all these creative geniuses prior to me have been putting pumps in toolboxes which not only makes them portable, but easy to manage. (I wish I were half that creative to think of something like this..)

Anyway, so I head over to the big box hardware store to look at some toolboxes for this build and the issue I see is that most toolboxes nowadays are either sloped on the sides, or they have some wierd shapes and depressions in the plastic that don't look too conducive for mounting the pump head through. I am assuming the sides need to be as flat as possible for this to work properly. Maybe that's a wrong assumption?

Any recommendations on a toolbox for mounting a SS Chugger center inlet pump in?

Home Depot cheap orange plastic toolbox. Plenty of room inside.

SDC10585.jpg

SDC10586.jpg

I don't recall; May have had to go to the hardware store to get screws a few mm longer. But the thickness of the walls on the plastic toolbox was minimal.

I wedged it into a small toolbox. I have the hole pattern for cutting the shaft and screwholes for the March pump if you want it... don't know if it's same as Chugger, probably not. I did the same with my plate chiller. This is an old pic, I have SS camlocks on there now.

I think I got the toolboxes at Home Depot.

img_05582-50279.jpg

img_05554-50278.jpg

Back