too much weight on the front of a chugger?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nebulous

Reaction score
So I have a center inlet chugger pump and I just recently got all the parts in to convert it to 1.5" TC for my 2 vessel build. Part of the design puts a 3-way valve on the inlet of the pump, but now with all the TC parts on the valve with clamps and barbs it weight 3.25lb. Now I'm a little afraid of having that much weight that far off the front of the pump given the pump head bolts into brass threads set in plastic.
Anyone know how much weight is too much? Since I'm going to be building somethings else for the pump to be mounted to I'm thinking now I'm going to need to design some kind of a support for the valve; maybe something like a cine-lens support?
UfYpP0h.jpg

I have a bit of weight on my chugger with no issues as far as the pump head goes. The one issue I have had is the base mount on the pump broke off the pump housing I tack welded it back on. Im looking into another mounting option with large u bolts to make it more secure when im turning valves..

just put some big hose clamps around the pump to mount it to whatever you want.

As to the weight, it won't be an issue. What will be an issue is with the amount your 3-way sticks out, accidentally hitting it and snapping it off will be a real concern.

Latest posts

Back