Too many beers, not enough time ......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calder

Reaction score
Ever get into the problem of having too many beers you want to brew. I'm all set to brew a Citra APA, a Saison, and a Brett beer for my next 3, but I keep coming up with all these other beers I feel I should be brewing;

A Smoked Porter, a Robust Porter, an EPA, a Boddington's Clone, something Oaked. I'm just drinking one of my last Arrogant Bastard Clones (great beer), and feel I should be doing that too.

....... Too many beers, just can't do them all. I keep thinking of laying off the Saison, but it's the perfect weather for it.

We probably all have that problem to some degree. I cant brew more than twice a month so there is a lot of build up to each beer. I have done 5 so far and I have already re-done my second recipe because it was so good it went quick. But the first time it was extract so I am re creating in AG. This is my first house recipe. But it's setting back the schedule. I want to do, black IPA, IPA, APA, Chocolate Milk Stout, Brown Ale, Pumpkin, Chirstmas Ale, Barely Wine. It's going to take forever. Oh yeah and all the Belgians sigh.

I feel your pain. I currently have enough ingredients on hand to brew 20+ gallons. There just aren't enough hours in the day. Plus, I have a big party at my house in a month and another hootenany two weeks after that. Twenty gallons wont even be enough! Arrrgh...good thing I love to brew.

Yes, that seems to be the way it always is. I have hundreds of recipes I have created and I have only brewed 20 times in the last couple of years. I want to try brewing every style I can think of, but I recently decided to focus on only brewing my favorite style to drink, which is IPA.

It is hard to "limit" myself to brewing just the one style, but I'm hoping the focus lets learn something at the very least about different hops/yeasts/malts; and at best hopefully make a good brew or two. The other reason for brewing IPA's is that it is what I want to drink 95% of the time when I go out to places with good beer selection. So brewing 5 gallons of IPA seems like a better option than having 5 gallons of Biere de Garde.

So I use bars to try the occasional strange brew for now...

I'm so happy to have this problem...

When I moved from GA to CA, I had no room in my new place so I ended up brewing with my brother-in-law at his house. We brewed infrequently, and pretty much settled on about 3-4 recipes that we made over and over. At one point I'd upgraded my kegerator to three taps, but unfortunately had trouble even keeping one full.

Now I'm in a bigger place, so I've got all my equipment at home, and I'm feeling the experimental bug again. I've brewed more interesting beer in the last year than in the entire 2-3 years prior. And my to-do list just keeps on growing :)

My problem is I want to brew faster than I can consume my beer! I have 4 kegs on tap and I need to use that freezer to ferment as well. At this rate it will take another 2 months (already been 1.5) for me to kill them and brew.

It's about time I make a DIY bottle gun and give away some bottles and save some for later. I'm drinking more now that I keg but I'm not giving any away, except every now and again when I have guests who drink, so my kegged beer is last longer than when I bottled.

Yep - it was a painful moment this weekend when I realized that I had everything I needed to make the porter I've been planning about except time to do it. I don't expect to have time to brew any more until maybe mid-August.

My prob is this heat. My swamp cooler does not seem to be working very well at all. I may end up suspending brewing until it cools down a bit. Had a great brew day and now ferm temps in the mid to high 70s. Upsetting.

you planning on dying soon?

i'd like to think that i'll brew for the rest of my life. if you think about it like that, then there's plenty of time to brew whatever you want. i'm just glad there are so many styles out there. i can go a year or two without having to brew a repeat.

I feel your pain, my beersmith is running out of room with all the recipes I have on that thing that I'd love to brew up.

you planning on dying soon?

i'd like to think that i'll brew for the rest of my life. if you think about it like that, then there's plenty of time to brew whatever you want. i'm just glad there are so many styles out there. i can go a year or two without having to brew a repeat.

No plans, no thoughts. I just want to do them all now.

Finally settled on trying a big Barleywine; I don't know why, I hate big beers, because you can't drink too many of them, but I just got it in my mind, and now I have to do it. Measured out the grains this evening.

I feel your pain, my beersmith is running out of room with all the recipes I have on that thing that I'd love to brew up.

You mean there is a limit? ........... I'm not brewing enough because I don't think I'm close!

Back