Tomorrow's the big day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pumbaa said:
this year you should tell them you got her a boob job and new iron

I was looking at a HERMS system for her. She doesn't like homebrew, but I figured that she's happiest when I'm happy.

About 10 years ago I emailed a photo of red roses. I intended it to be sarcasm but she actually liked it alot. I sent it at 4pm so she was thinking I forgot. It was a surprise to her that I remembered.

The previous year I didn't buy anything because we were pretty poor but managed to come home half in the bag.

Almost as pissed as if I used the "C" word. Came home to find my beer bottles in the sink and her with a hammer bustin' the bottles.

I got smart now I use PETs. :D

And of course I buy something!

Schlenkerla said:
About 10 years ago I emailed a photo of red roses. I intended it to be sarcasm but she actually liked it alot. I sent it at 4pm so she was thinking I forgot. It was a surprise to her that I remembered.

The previous year I didn't buy anything because we were pretty poor but managed to come home half in the bag.

Almost as pissed as if I used the "C" word. Came home to find my beer bottles in the sink and her with a hammer bustin' the bottles.

I got smart now I use PETs. :D

And of course I buy something!

If I would have caught her busting my bottles "the C word" would have just be a start of what I was going to say . . .
did you at least hide the hammer?

I think the c word did come out at that time. Several others. I started breakin' her stuff. It got ugly real fast. I'm amazed we didn't kill each other.

Yes the hammer is gone.

dancingbarefoot said:
Well, I didn't think things were going anywhere with the guy I'm interested in, so I wasn't planning on doing anything. But I just got a very simple "Happy Valentine's Day" e-mail from him (see, it doesn't have to be expensive or elaborately planned). And that makes my day! :D

:off:

Is this the same guy who asked if he could brew with you?

If it is, he wants to brew with you right after the first date AND he sent a Happy Vday email, he sounds like a keeper!

By the way, we don't exchange cards or gifts. Bob will start on a rant about "greeting cards holidays" and how we treats me well every day and that is more important, blah blah blah. But when we were dating, I got flowers, gifts, notes, etc. I'll give him a beer or two and call it good.

the_bird said:
I bought her a new ring...

__product_images2_948_big.jpg

Whatdaya think? Remind you of anything?

Looks a lot like the steering wheel on a VW I used to own....

Cheers,

knewshound

Yooper Chick said:
:off:

Is this the same guy who asked if he could brew with you?

If it is, he wants to brew with you right after the first date AND he sent a Happy Vday email, he sounds like a keeper!

Yeah, same guy. Still not quite sure what's going on there, but the valentine greeting is a good sign. ;)

the_bird said:
I bought her a new ring...

__product_images2_948_big.jpg

Whatdaya think? Remind you of anything?

It reminds me of the scene in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective 2 when Ace is trying to get out of the fake rhino thru the #2 hole! All you need is a head stickin' thru :D

Pumbaa said:
your first mistake

You're new at this aint ya?

you'll save yourself a lot of trouble if ya just stop thinking now, BTW very few chicks ever check those things, ya probably could have gone with cut glass and spent the other $4900 on brewing stuff

until the wedding day . . . then she's just female and the true hell begins

The first thing you got right all day :drunk:

Yes, I TOLD her, and yes, she listened! I got a good one on my arm - don't be jelous :D

And I knew she wouldn't check the ring out, but I like buying quality products, o matter what it is. Plus, I like her having a ring I am proud of...

On another note, I keep hearing good things (sarcasm) about this whole "marriage" thing...It's reassuring to know that after we get married my life will be better than it ever has been...right?

You'll be fine (probably) hell all of the rest of us seem to survive marriage . . .

Just remember . . .
The only thing WORSE then being married is being single :ban:

I just love how all I hear is how much marriage sux. I'm not worried about it, she's a wonderful girl. Hell, anyone that can put up with me and dish back the insults my family jokingly sends her way constatly, I know I've got a keeper.

All I'm worried about is going to the Philippines in May and meeting her family for the first time! Not only have I never been outta the country (I dont consider Canada "out of the country") I have never spoke with her family before and we've been together for over 2 years! Should be interesting...

See, you guys go out and buy jewelry, flowers, trips overseas, etc. . .

All you are doing is setting the bar for yourself (and every other man) that much higher for next year.

My wife and I agreed not to get anything this year.

I knew better. I knew damn good and well she'd go out and spend at least $100 on me, and when I showed up home with nothing, I'd be castrated (metaphorically speaking, of course).

So, today, I caved, got her a few roses, and $100 toward a Victoria Secret gift card (I figured I'd benefit from that), and I'm making dinner. When I got home from the store, sure as $#it, there was a pile of gifts on the kitchen island.

At least I don't think I'll be sleeping on the couch now.

I got a rose!!! ...a six pack would have been better though!

...4th day of being on call and no beer. 8 to go :mad:. Not missing it at all, not one bit. AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Guys, you just need to be ultra-smooth like this:

;) (Where the hell do they dig this stuff up?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cards gang. And like I said earlier, her office was closed today so she should be getting flowers at the office tomorrow, but th-th-th-th-th, That's All Folks! :rockin:

And for the record, it's a made up bullsh!t holiday, and we both know it. That's why we don't do much.

Besides, her birthday is next friday. :drunk:

Ize

Me? I cooked dinner, like usual and we had a bottle of Champagne (sp?) left over from New Years. So were getting drunk and watchin' a movie.

She said she wanted 8 inches and she wanted it hard. So I stuck it in her twice and punched her in the face.

V-Day...over!

Actually, we were married 13 years ago on 2/19. She flew out of town the week before so we missed valentines day that year and haven't celebrated it since. We don't typically do much for our anniversary either - mutually agreed upon. "Our" idea of the perfect anniversary is Schlotskys and a movie. "My" idea has more to do with the 8 inches...

Gosh guys... most of the wives don't seem to get it.

Sorry :(

That being said... I wouldn't mind some "who knows" but my man's working tonight.

I walked two miles in pretty deep snow (that hadn't been shoveled by anyone) to get my SWMBO a dozen roses. I also picked up a shovel while I was downtown. She appreciated the effort. :)

Yooper Chick said:
The joke around here is that whenever it looks like snow, I said that I'm hoping to get "from 4 to 8 inches tonight". He knows what that means.......

Wow,

That's quite a variation. He must use one of those pumps to get some inconsistency in his size?:ban:

Orpheus said:
Wow,

That's quite a variation. He must use one of those pumps to get some inconsistency in his size?:ban:

No, no, no- you guys don't get it.

You have to hear the tone of my voice when I say it- FROM 4 TO 8 inches tonight. See, the FROM denotes the "before" and the TO denotes the "during". You know, the blood flow thing.......

"I'm hoping to get from 4 to 8 inches tonight," complete with winking and eyebrows wagging gets the point across.

Geez, I'm a sick-o, huh?

Atleast it's not "from 2 to 2.5 inches" like my SWMBO gets... :eek:

And that's on a warm day!

Yooper Chick said:
No, no, no- you guys don't get it.

You have to hear the tone of my voice when I say it- FROM 4 TO 8 inches tonight. See, the FROM denotes the "before" and the TO denotes the "during". You know, the blood flow thing.......

"I'm hoping to get from 4 to 8 inches tonight," complete with winking and eyebrows wagging gets the point across.

Geez, I'm a sick-o, huh?

I thought maybe it was "give me four inches... now give me eight... now four... now eight!"

Back