Tomorrow's the big day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
Who's doing what for their SWMBO tomorrow?

Me? I'm taking an Advanced Corporate Finance final. Romantic, eh? When I get home, I plan on getting her drunked up on wine until I pass out on the couch and she carries me to bed.

I bought her a new ring...

__product_images2_948_big.jpg

Whatdaya think? Remind you of anything?

I hate valentines day. I try, buy flowers and the whole nine yards. .. she says "oh, don't buy me anything this year" every year, yet when I take her up on it, I'm sleeping on the couch.

Even when I do buy her something she wants, rub her feet, whatever, she still seems unsatisfied.

I can't win. EVER.

I loathe Valentine's day more than any other Holiday--- Its all work and never any reward, if you know what I mean, and typically I end up getting yelled at.

Flowers are being delivered to her office tomorrow. Since she's only been on the job there since November, I at least wanted her to get flowers at work.

Too bad she probably won't be there to see them since she prolly won't be able to get in the office. :eek:

The again, I'll be lucky if they get delivered. :drunk:

Card otherwise.

Ize

Not a Frickin thing! She's not getting me anything either. Frickin Hallmark holidays......we don't do anything for Sweetest day either. Waste of money.

Bernie Brewer said:
Not a Frickin thing! She's not getting me anything either. Frickin Hallmark holidays......we don't do anything for Sweetest day either. Waste of money.

Amen brother. Amen.

My wife feels compulsed to exchange gifts on every frickin holiday.
Valentine's Day is nothing but a contrived holiday marketed in order to incite guilt and a reactionary compulsion for guys to go out and needlessly spend lots of money. I.e., its a way for Hallmark to make more money.

I'm boycotting it.

Any SWMBO who doen't want anything is a lying sack of sh**!!!

Mine is out of town. Got her a basket of smelly stuff. She can sit and soak when she gets home Friday! It was a $35 JDRF donation. (JDRF - Juvenile Diabetes Relief Fund.) SWMBO is diabetic so it it 2x as nice.

She didn't get me anything so I got me a 5 gal mash tun for her!!!! :D

How pleased she will be....

Does any of your SWMBO's ***** about the accumulation of brewing gear???

Sent her some flowers via the wonderful world of internet shopping. I'm still 6,000 miles from my SWMBO - everybody else at least had the opportunity to get some by buying something useless and expensive.

Guess I'll drown my sorrows by getting more of my friends to Google goatse and tubgirl...

She got us plane tickets to Co. Clare, Ireland (Ryan Air, 100 bucks each) I got her a rental car and hotels....and a box of chocolates. We got ourselves a trip to the homeland!!

She surprised me with the tickets this morning, she said our trip was cancelled 3 weeks ago because of her work schedule... she's a good liar, and a great SWMBO.

Bernie Brewer said:

Is Sweetest day anything like White Day here. Japan has two Valentine Days, Feb 14th for women to but crap for men and White Day, March 14th, for men to buy something back. I didn't buy anything, made some carrot cake, though.

Catfish said:
Is Sweetest day anything like White Day here. Japan has two Valentine Days, Feb 14th for women to but crap for men and White Day, March 14th, for men to buy something back. I didn't buy anything, made some carrot cake, though.

No, here March 14th is Steak and BJ Day.
I got my wife some flowers over the weekend. I was at the grocery store, and they had the same flowers that we had at our wedding, but in plant form (so they won't die by tomorrow). Score points for flowers, double points for them being the flowers from our wedding.

And I got her a card from me and one from our son (co-signed by our dog).

Chairman Cheyco said:
Yeah, nothing like listening to a little Gordon Lightfoot during butt-sex!

:confused:

"Hey Baby - I'm gonna wreck YOUR Edmund Fitzgerald!"

-or-

"Hey Baby- you better take care, 'cuz you'll find I've been creeping 'round your back stairs".

Niiiice.

Actually, SWMBO and I have traditionally either gone on a trip together or made things for each other. This year, she made me a book of watercolors & haiku (which I hearted) - and, of course, she can't keep a secret, so I got it last week :D

I made her a pirate's treasure chest, which I stained and painted, half-filled it with "gold coins" (wood discs that I spray-painted gold), and a letter from the "Captain Jewbeard" persona. I hope she likes it.

P funky said:
"Hey Baby - I'm gonna wreck YOUR Edmund Fitzgerald!"

-or-

"Hey Baby- you better take care, 'cuz you'll find I've been creeping 'round your back stairs".

Niiiice.

Actually, SWMBO and I have traditionally either gone on a trip together or made things for each other. This year, she made me a book of watercolors & haiku (which I hearted) - and, of course, she can't keep a secret, so I got it last week :D

I made her a pirate's treasure chest, which I stained and painted, half-filled it with "gold coins" (wood discs that I spray-painted gold), and a letter from the "Captain Jewbeard" persona. I hope she likes it.

No gold-coin condoms? How's she going to figure out what you're after?

So, Rdwj, you're looking for some dirty love? Ewww....make sure your clean-up towel has soapy water on it. And don't go ass to mouth.

I hate Feb. Valentines day (of which she is a proud participant :rolleyes:). Wife's birthday is the 20th and some other major life event of hers on the 25th we celebrate. I got her a massage and facial gift card. She got me a massage and (happy ending?) gift card.

Waiting on cheesefood responses...

desertBrew said:
I got her a massage and facial gift card. She got me a massage and (happy ending?) gift card.

Waiting on cheesefood responses...

Fine. Plan on giving each other a gift at the same time?

Cheesefood said:
Fine. Plan on giving each other a gift at the same time?

There's 3rd parties & different days involved. Back to boring meetings...

I'm not at liberty to discuss things like this since SWMBO is a participant around here.

But we don't observe Valentine's Day till the 20th, so today is just another day for us.

That said, she'll probably get one of her gifts this weekend.

I told my fiance that I'm not getting her anything since I bought her THE ring for x-mas. I think droppin' 5g's on a ring should be able to tide her over for at least a year...but then again, she is a woman...

I'm screwed...

SOB said:
I told my fiance that I'm not getting her anything since I bought her THE ring for x-mas. I think droppin' 5g's on a ring should be able to tide her over for at least a year...but then again, she is a woman...

I'm screwed...

You're so very, very wrong.

When I bought The Ring, I mentioned how it was going to be part of her birthday and X-mas presents. She agreed, until a month before her birthday. And then I was told what I should buy her for Christmas.

The Ring is no "Get out of presents free" gift. Although, you should get her the movie "The Ring" as a subtle reminder.

"What did your boyfriend get you for your birthday?"
"Not much...just The Ring."

Then she looks shallow.

Cheesefood said:
... I got my wife some flowers over the weekend. I was at the grocery store, and they had the same flowers that we had at our wedding...
What? Spend money on flowers?! No, no, no - here's what you do: At this time of year, near birthdays, etc., scan the obituaries for people with a lot of surviving relatives and/or a lot of friends in the community. Note the funeral home location and visitation date, then go to their dumpster in the back that evening. You'll have a field day!;)

I got her a nice card and sent her an ecard this morning. Tonight we are spending a quiet night at home, but I'm picking up a nice dinner on the way home. We'll be having chicken fettucine Alfredo, three cheese stuffed ravioli, a Portillo's chocolate cake and some of Cheese's Mapfelwein!

Rhoobarb said:
What? Spend money on flowers?! No, no, no - here's what you do: At this time of year, near birthdays, etc., scan the obituaries for people with a lot of surviving relatives and/or a lot of friends in the community. Note the funeral home location and visitation date, then go to their dumpster in the back that evening. You'll have a field day!;)

Now I know why you never married. :)

Rhoob said:
I got her a nice card and sent her an ecard this morning. Tonight we are spending a quiet night at home, but I'm picking up a nice dinner on the way home. We'll be having chicken fettucine Alfredo, three cheese stuffed ravioli, a Portillo's chocolate cake and some of Cheese's Mapfelwein!

Nice. Mapfelwein is perfect for V-day. I have some lobster ravioli at home, but I won't be home until around 10:00pm so we're finding some other time to celebrate.

SOB said:
I told my fiance
your first mistake
SOB said:
that I'm not getting her anything since I bought her THE ring for x-mas.
You're new at this aint ya?
SOB said:
I think droppin' 5g's on a ring should be able to tide her over for at least a year
you'll save yourself a lot of trouble if ya just stop thinking now, BTW very few chicks ever check those things, ya probably could have gone with cut glass and spent the other $4900 on brewing stuff
SOB said:
...but then again, she is a woman...
until the wedding day . . . then she's just female and the true hell begins
SOB said:
I'm screwed...
The first thing you got right all day :drunk:

Well, I didn't think things were going anywhere with the guy I'm interested in, so I wasn't planning on doing anything. But I just got a very simple "Happy Valentine's Day" e-mail from him (see, it doesn't have to be expensive or elaborately planned). And that makes my day! :D

dancingbarefoot said:
Well, I didn't think things were going anywhere with the guy I'm interested in, so I wasn't planning on doing anything. But I just got a very simple "Happy Valentine's Day" e-mail from him (see, it doesn't have to be expensive or elaborately planned). And that makes my day! :D

It's so cute how that works when you're dating.

Then when marriage comes, it's "What an ass. All he did was send me a friggin' two line e-mail. I'm not putting out for a year and a half."

My wife is like every woman "No, don't get me anything." Been there, done that, spent 4 times as much making up the mistakes.

Had some fun last year. When the girls in the office asked what I got her, I replied "Well, I went out and got her this very expensive stretch mark cream that's supposed to work wonders. And there's this wrinkle cream that the lady behind the counter said is the best."

I've never been so quickly surrounded by so many angry woman.

Cheesefood said:
Had some fun last year. When the girls in the office asked what I got her, I replied "Well, I went out and got her this very expensive stretch mark cream that's supposed to work wonders. And there's this wrinkle cream that the lady behind the counter said is the best.".

this year you should tell them you got her a boob job and new iron

Back