Tomorrow's Brew: Braumeister or BIAB?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braumeister or BIAB Tomorrow?

• Wimp out and go with the safe choice.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Clint Yeastwood

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Two more batches of grain arrived today. Wheat ale and a lawnmower lager I made up in an failed effort to convert a Bud addict.

I plan to make wheat beer with Brangelina tangerina...wait, that's wrong. "Mandarina bavaria" hops. Supposed to be orangey. I have to be honest. The smell coming from the bag is not encouraging. Far as I know, this is the first time I've ever found the smell of hops to be anything but pleasant. But I'm going to use them anyway.

I finally got the Braumeister working correctly, but I also have BIAB stuff I have never used. What should I do?

Whatever I do, I hope I'm over coronavirus by the time I keg. I can't tell what's infected. My current beers or me.

My BIAB has been gathering dust since I got my Anvil Foundry. Letting a motherboard control the mash temperature makes my brew day much more enjoyable. I put the water in, set the strike temp and then get everything else set up, measured and crushed. I mash in the grain and then do the crossword and sip my coffee.

Let not forget the ease of draining and cleaning of the malt pipe.

(edit: I see from your other thread you have an induction stove top for your BIAB. so ignore my first part. )

Well, this will entertain people.

I wanted to make a wheat beer. I had two bags of grain. I checked my order and made sure I grabbed the right bag. Wheat was marked "B."

I got the mash going. Then I started thinking about the second fermenting freezer I wanted. I decided to go for it. I drove to Best Buy while the Braumeister was working.

Got home and looked at the new freezer. I was surprised to see it was big enough to ferment two things at once.

Went in the kitchen to check the mash. Saw a full bag on the counter. Marked "B."

I was mashing a lager, not a wheat ale.

I thought it was a catastrophe, but I guess it isn't. I can put the new lager in the old freezer at 52 or whatever and put the other lager I'm fermenting in the new freezer at 68. It's under pressure, so that's fine. Then I can make the wheat beer tomorrow and put it with the new lager. I'll have two lagers, a barley ale, and a wheat ale fermenting, all at the same time.

Back