To Beard or not Beard a HBT facial hair analysis poll

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Too Beard or Not to Beard

• Yes, I am a Bearded Brewer

• No, I am not a Bearded Brewer

• I'm a woman and I aint saying what I shave or dont shave.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Those of you who can grow beards, I hope you appreciate it and don't take it for granted. A local brewery here had a seasonal beer last called Beard Envy Brown, which I thought pretty funny.

I assure you I don't. Every day I thank my forebears for my glorious head of hair and majestic beard. I may be almost gray at 35 but it's more than a fair trade off.

I keep mine moderately trimmed. It helps hide the double chin. :rockin:
Shaved it into a goatee a few weeks ago... Immediately grew it all back in.

No guard on the neck every few days cause I'm to lazy to shave, and the mrs. complains if the neck hair gets too long.

My face will be beardless til i die. couldn't grow one if spent a whole year at it! I barely have to shave once a week. I do try to grow a mustache for Movember but that takes the whole month til it's not some scragly mess above my lip.

Beards have become to me what Flannel was in the 90s. Something I wore regularly, but has now become the domain of the hip. So, I'll personally wait for the fad to die down and maybe grow another one in a few years.

How do you grow your flannel?
And does this mean the hipsters won?

Clean shaven. Only attempt one when the wife is out of town. She clearly makes the beard decisions in the family

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I went to a tech school in 06 that required us be clean shaven. I had one instructor that would take our id tags and run them up our cheek to see if we had shaved that morning when he was in a bad mood. Needless to say, after a year of razor burn and nicks on my face I was sick of being clean shaven and have had some sort of facial hair since I graduated in December 06. In fact, the only time I have been clean shaven since then was when a buddy and I had a beard off. We both shaved our faces and whoever had the biggest, most manly beard by the end of the month won. I won, but only because he had to shave for work.

This is another reason I don't shave, same damn thing happens to me. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391563074.599170.jpg

I also have a beard. I've had some form of facial hair since 2007,either full beard, goatee or mustache (for movember) but haven't been clean shaven since then. My current beard is full, about 7 or 8 months growth and it's pretty huge. I feel like we should be posting beard pictures.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Home Brew mobile app

I went to a tech school in 06 that required us be clean shaven. ... Needless to say, after a year of razor burn and nicks on my face I was sick of being clean shaven and have had some sort of facial hair since I graduated in December 06.

I always HATED shaving because of the razor burn and especially the sting of salt build up below my jawline on hot days. I never shaved on weekends... and then came multiple deployments to Bosnia, Kosovo, Kuwait, and Iraq where I couldn't take a respite from shaving. That's when I found wet shaving and single bladed razors like my Dad used when I was very young. Shaving became a pleasure and I never experienced razor burn again.

www.badgerandblade.com Wetshavers are kind of like brewers in that it becomes a passion to some.

Speaking strictly from my shallow female perspective, if I were not married I would be inclined to pigeon hole beardies in the friend zone but I can tell you what I like less, and that's a stache without the benefit of a soul patch or goatee. Oh and I'm currently beardless and of an ethnicity that women generally don't grow facial hair. Whew!

Beeeeeeard! There is no other option for me. I shaved once 4 years ago. SWMBO has forbid me from ever shaving again. I do have to keep the 'stache trimmed though. Doesn't like stray hairs up her nose during smootch time. Chin whiskers are free to grow long and free, to blow in the breeze, to strike fear and awe into those who behold them. Beards are good.

Had one since November went to trim it today ended up with a goatee. Time to start all over.

Currently I am bearded. In 4 months when I am graduated and at my new job, I will be required to shave everything but the mustache, which I will keep. Stupid self-contained breathing requirements.

Beeeeeeard! There is no other option for me. I shaved once 4 years ago. SWMBO has forbid me from ever shaving again. I do have to keep the 'stache trimmed though. Doesn't like stray hairs up her nose during smootch time. Chin whiskers are free to grow long and free, to blow in the breeze, to strike fear and awe into those who behold them. Beards are good.

Yeah my wife won't let me shave my beard either. I also keep my mustache trimmed. You can only bite down on it so many times while eating before you realize that trimming is a must.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Home Brew mobile app

Update:

As a result of a request made to TxBrew we now have a new smiley available!!!! Thank you TxBrew!!!!

I present to you the official HBT BREWER'S BEARD smiley!!!

:beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard:

Update:

As a result of a request made to TxBrew we now have a new smiley available!!!! Thank you TxBrew!!!!

I present to you the official HBT BREWER'S BEARD smiley!!!

:beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard:

YES! Thread has been won. Everyone can go home now :beard::drunk:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Home Brew mobile app

I would love to have a big ol Jim Morrison beard, however my work wont allow such things :(

Normally have a goatee (sometimes with mustache, sometimes without)
Stopped shaving in mid December, and the beard is coming along nicely.

I have a full beard. My profile picture on my HBT profile was at Alpine beer co about 2 weeks ago. I'm at about 7 months of no shaving.

Cheers to beards!

Alot of people say I look like Brian Wilson from the sf giants. If I was a pirate I would be black beard

Goatee, no mustache, and long sideburns. Thats the look, no changing just trimming, the wife likes it and doesn't want me to change it. I lucked out. Plus, in WNC it's better to look like a local than a tourist!

Smoke signals

Beard. Hockey playoff-esque. never got it to full on viking style. One day, though...one day.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Home Brew mobile app

Haven't shaved in a month and got some fuzz. Seriously...could go Grizzly Adams in that time (sans bear), but WAF of 1. Happy wife, happy life...more uninterrupted brew days!

Wow...started home brew Dec 18 and inexplicably stopped shaving Dec 19....never really connected them....now it's clear...I mistakenly thought it was a Duck Dynasty homage. I feel better about being a card carrying home brewer...thank you OP...brew on!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

251 votes strong and the beard is stll stomping the unbearded.

71.71% Bearded
27.09% Unbearded
1.10% Ladies.

Brew on Bearded ones!!!:beard::beard::beard:

Latest posts

Back