Time in fermenter question....?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich1852

Reaction score
I have had a Festa Wheat Brew in the primary for 7 days...have checked the past couple of days and seems close to the FG...but there is a little movement. The Gravity is reading 1.014 and is supposed to be FG 1.0120 - 1.0128. Have a beer belt on it and kept temp at 68-70 degrees.

I am leaving on a business trip in a couple days for a week....there is no harm in waiting to bottle til I get back in a week or so?

To answer, I'd say you're fine with leaving it. I'd also say you'd be fine to bottle now if you'd like. Whatever you have time for and feel comfortable with.

I'd say wait to bottle. It should drop a couple of more points. You can leave it a total of three weeks or so and then bottle- that's the best practice.

Thanks. My thought is to just undo the beer belt and let it sit another 8-10 days.

I am assuming when I bottle, there will still be enough yeast in there to work with the sugar?

Back