TiltBridge - Tilt-to-WiFi Device for Tilt Hydrometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi.

I am trying to build a tiltbridge device using the instructions and hardware from links on readthedocs.io. Specifically using the LOLIN D32 Pro V2.0.0 board with TFT screen attached.

I have succesfully flashed the firmware v1.1.3 from GitHub using esptool.py. (using boot*.bin and d32_pro_*.bin suitably renamed) with command line
$ esptool.py --chip esp32 --before default_reset --after hard_reset write_flash 0xe000 boot_app0.bin 0x1000 bootloader_dio_40m.bin 0x10000 firmware.bin 0x8000 partitions.bin 0x910000 spiffs.bin
The device starts and invites me to attach to its AP, which I do, configuring my home network and saving.
It then connects to my home network (I can ping it) on the IP address it shows me on the TFT.
It shows me the data from my Tilt floating in a jug of water on my desk, on the TFT.
It shows the tiltbridge logo every few (6-7?) seconds (can that be disabled, or the time extended? It's a little annoyingly fast. Or is it rebooting?).
The mDNS name tiltbridge.local is known to my network, in this case it maps to 192.168.0.72

However, I cannot connect to http://tiltbridge.local or http://192.168.0.72. I get an error in the web browser ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS, ending on page http://192.168.0.72/404/.

Any ideas? I seem to be close, but no cigar.

esptool.py output below, in case it helps.

esptool.py v4.4
Found 2 serial ports
Serial port /dev/cu.usbserial-61330
Connecting.....
Chip is ESP32-D0WD-V3 (revision v3.0)
Features: WiFi, BT, Dual Core, 240MHz, VRef calibration in efuse, Coding Scheme None
Crystal is 40MHz
MAC: c4:de:e2:c2:3f:cc
Uploading stub...
Running stub...
Stub running...
Configuring flash size...
Flash will be erased from 0x0000e000 to 0x0000ffff...
Flash will be erased from 0x00001000 to 0x00005fff...
Flash will be erased from 0x00010000 to 0x001e4fff...
Flash will be erased from 0x00008000 to 0x00008fff...
Flash will be erased from 0x00910000 to 0x009dffff...
Compressed 8192 bytes to 47...
Wrote 8192 bytes (47 compressed) at 0x0000e000 in 0.1 seconds (effective 564.4 kbit/s)...
Hash of data verified.
Compressed 17056 bytes to 11160...
Wrote 17056 bytes (11160 compressed) at 0x00001000 in 1.4 seconds (effective 99.7 kbit/s)...
Hash of data verified.
Compressed 1920912 bytes to 998711...
Wrote 1920912 bytes (998711 compressed) at 0x00010000 in 98.7 seconds (effective 155.7 kbit/s)...
Hash of data verified.
Compressed 3072 bytes to 119...
Wrote 3072 bytes (119 compressed) at 0x00008000 in 0.1 seconds (effective 375.6 kbit/s)...
Hash of data verified.
Compressed 851968 bytes to 102714...
Wrote 851968 bytes (102714 compressed) at 0x00910000 in 11.0 seconds (effective 620.5 kbit/s)...
Hash of data verified.

Leaving...
Hard resetting via RTS pin...

Thanks
Neil

Last edited:
Hi.

I am trying to build a tiltbridge device using the instructions and hardware from links on readthedocs.io. Specifically using the LOLIN D32 Pro V2.0.0 board with TFT screen attached.

I have succesfully flashed the firmware v1.1.3 from GitHub using esptool.py. (using boot*.bin and d32_pro_*.bin suitably renamed) with command line
$ esptool.py --chip esp32 --before default_reset --after hard_reset write_flash 0xe000 boot_app0.bin 0x1000 bootloader_dio_40m.bin 0x10000 firmware.bin 0x8000 partitions.bin 0x910000 spiffs.bin
The device starts and invites me to attach to its AP, which I do, configuring my home network and saving.
It then connects to my home network (I can ping it) on the IP address it shows me on the TFT.
It shows me the data from my Tilt floating in a jug of water on my desk, on the TFT.
It shows the tiltbridge logo every few (6-7?) seconds (can that be disabled, or the time extended? It's a little annoyingly fast. Or is it rebooting?).
The mDNS name tiltbridge.local is known to my network, in this case it maps to 192.168.0.72

However, I cannot connect to http://tiltbridge.local or http://192.168.0.72. I get an error in the web browser ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS, ending on page http://192.168.0.72/404/.

Any ideas? I seem to be close, but no cigar.

esptool.py output below, in case it helps.

esptool.py v4.4
Found 2 serial ports
Serial port /dev/cu.usbserial-61330
Connecting.....
Chip is ESP32-D0WD-V3 (revision v3.0)
Features: WiFi, BT, Dual Core, 240MHz, VRef calibration in efuse, Coding Scheme None
Crystal is 40MHz
MAC: c4:de:e2:c2:3f:cc
Uploading stub...
Running stub...
Stub running...
Configuring flash size...
Flash will be erased from 0x0000e000 to 0x0000ffff...
Flash will be erased from 0x00001000 to 0x00005fff...
Flash will be erased from 0x00010000 to 0x001e4fff...
Flash will be erased from 0x00008000 to 0x00008fff...
Flash will be erased from 0x00910000 to 0x009dffff...
Compressed 8192 bytes to 47...
Wrote 8192 bytes (47 compressed) at 0x0000e000 in 0.1 seconds (effective 564.4 kbit/s)...
Hash of data verified.
Compressed 17056 bytes to 11160...
Wrote 17056 bytes (11160 compressed) at 0x00001000 in 1.4 seconds (effective 99.7 kbit/s)...
Hash of data verified.
Compressed 1920912 bytes to 998711...
Wrote 1920912 bytes (998711 compressed) at 0x00010000 in 98.7 seconds (effective 155.7 kbit/s)...
Hash of data verified.
Compressed 3072 bytes to 119...
Wrote 3072 bytes (119 compressed) at 0x00008000 in 0.1 seconds (effective 375.6 kbit/s)...
Hash of data verified.
Compressed 851968 bytes to 102714...
Wrote 851968 bytes (102714 compressed) at 0x00910000 in 11.0 seconds (effective 620.5 kbit/s)...
Hash of data verified.

Leaving...
Hard resetting via RTS pin...

Thanks
Neil
Have you tried using BrewFlasher?

Hi

BrewFlasher is apparently not offering me the up to date D32 firmware. The options only have a D32 BETA/alpha version that it then cannot find to download.
How can I point it at the right version?

EDIT: I have tried to flash non-D32-specific vv1.2.0 - TFT (is it from a release 3 hours ago?) and it works.

Q: If I Want to build and flash the firmware myself, what would the correct esptool.py configuration be? BrewFlasher seems to use different parameters to the documentation example.

Thanks
Neil

Attachments

• BrewFlasher.jpg
    BrewFlasher.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hi

BrewFlasher is apparently not offering me the up to date D32 firmware. The options only have a D32 BETA/alpha version that it then cannot find to download.
How can I point it at the right version?

EDIT: I have tried to flash non-D32-specific vv1.2.0 - TFT (is it from a release 3 hours ago?) and it works.

Q: If I Want to build and flash the firmware myself, what would the correct esptool.py configuration be? BrewFlasher seems to use different parameters to the documentation example.

Thanks
Neil

Yeah — you happened to catch me right as I was prepping a new release. I’ll get a release note posted here in a bit. V1.2.0 TFT is the firmware you would want to use.

I had forgotten I had some alpha/beta firmware versions named “D32 TFT” available — they all should be called TFT as technically the firmware supports non-D32 TFTs as well. I’ll get those hidden in BrewFlasher here shortly.

Admittedly, I additionally forgot that I had the esptool strings in the documentation - I need to strip those out as they aren’t kept up to date. If you built the firmware yourself, PlatformIO would generate the call to esptool on its own using the proper partition file to determine the correct offsets for each of the bins. If you wanted to do the same manually, you would need to first look at the platformio.ini file to see what partition set was being used, then look in that partition set’s CSV file (example) to find the offsets.

As @coolbikerdad noted, this morning I’ve released v1.2.0 of TiltBridge. This release primarily consists of “under the hood” changes to reduce the complexity of the code base that has arisen from the expansion of supported display types, but does include a few notable changes/improvements:

• Resolved bugs from v1.1.3 preventing use with certain OLED screens
  • Refactored “M5 Stick” firmware to align with the “ESPI TFT” code base
  • Added support for newer “Heltec”-style boards with the OLED screen on pins 17 and 18
  • Added new “user defined” data target by request of @CDCTx (untested)

TiltBridge v1.2.0 is available on BrewFlasher, BrewFlasher Web, and GitHub. As always, bugs/issues can be raised here or via the GitHub Issue Tracker.

As @coolbikerdad noted, this morning I’ve released v1.2.0 of TiltBridge. This release primarily consists of “under the hood” changes to reduce the complexity of the code base that has arisen from the expansion of supported display types, but does include a few notable changes/improvements:

• Resolved bugs from v1.1.3 preventing use with certain OLED screens
  • Refactored “M5 Stick” firmware to align with the “ESPI TFT” code base
  • Added support for newer “Heltec”-style boards with the OLED screen on pins 17 and 18
  • Added new “user defined” data target by request of @CDCTx (untested)

TiltBridge v1.2.0 is available on BrewFlasher, BrewFlasher Web, and GitHub. As always, bugs/issues can be raised here or via the GitHub Issue Tracker.
Thanks! I'll use a plain ESP32 to try it out. Still selecting which one with a TFT that I want :) might go the Lilygo T-display.

Morning everyone. Trying to get TiltBridge setup on a M5Stack that I recently purchased. I can get the firmware flashed properly and the screen shows the TiltBridgeAP with the tiltbridge password. I can connect to that fine and get to the web interface to then enter my WiFi settings. The M5Stack then reboots but it then goes right back to showing the same TiltBridgeAP wifi and my settings apparently aren't being saved. I've tried re-flashing the M5 a couple of times but I run into the same issue. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

vv1.1.3 using BrewFlash. It's some M5Stack off of Amazon. Looks like it says M5Stack HY2.0-4P? It's this one: https://www.amazon.com/ESP32-PICO-D4-Development-Deauther-Controller-MicroPython/dp/B082Y6YTY5/ref=sr_1_8?crid=2PJ2LBMGHC4SF&keywords=m5stack&qid=1673531294&sprefix=,aps,81&sr=8-8

Edit: I tried 1.2.0 in all the varieties and while they were successfully flashed to the device, the Wifi network never started. The only one I could get the Wifi to start was the 1.1.3 M5 Stick C.
The v1.2.0 firmware isn’t currently linked for M5Stick in BrewFlasher as a result of the changes I made. I’ll take a look later tonight.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered already; I scanned a bunch of pages back but haven’t gone through all 23.

I have six Tilts in fermenters in two separate freezers. I was running everything with TiltPi, but I’m switching over to fermenting in kegs … and while enough Bluetooth signal makes it out of a completely closed keg, put that keg in a freezer too, and signal is gone.

Can I fix this problem by putting a Tiltbridge in each freezer, and setting each one to upload to Google Sheets or something independently? Will they conflict if operated at the same time, and if so, is it possible to resolve the conflict?

Also, is the WiFi signal going to be strong enough to make it out of a chest freezer?

I really, really don’t want to buy 6 Tilt repeaters…

Apologies if this has been asked and answered already; I scanned a bunch of pages back but haven’t gone through all 23.

I have six Tilts in fermenters in two separate freezers. I was running everything with TiltPi, but I’m switching over to fermenting in kegs … and while enough Bluetooth signal makes it out of a completely closed keg, put that keg in a freezer too, and signal is gone.

Can I fix this problem by putting a Tiltbridge in each freezer, and setting each one to upload to Google Sheets or something independently?

Yep.

Will they conflict if operated at the same time, and if so, is it possible to resolve the conflict

Each TiltBridge will see all Tilts in range, but you can choose which Tilts each TiltBridge "owns" and sends data for, so you should be fine. Regardless, the hardware is cheap, so you can always start with 2 and see where things take you!

Also, is the WiFi signal going to be strong enough to make it out of a chest freezer?

It's hard to tell. I've had the most luck placing a TiltBridge on the room-side of my kegerator, where it has the least amount of WiFi signal loss (but is close enough to pick up the Bluetooth signal of the Tilt -- even if faintly). Without knowing your specific setup, there's no way of knowing what your experience is.

Understood. ;)

Can I fix this problem by putting a Tiltbridge in each freezer, and setting each one to upload to Google Sheets or something independently? Will they conflict if operated at the same time, and if so, is it possible to resolve the conflict?

You can build a tilt repeater quite easily with a simple ESP32. The firmware is already loaded on Brewflasher and is very easy to flash. It will repeat all Tilts in range and boost the signal to one Tiltbridge. Tiltbridge is AWESOME and makes managing your Tilts MUCH easier than a TiltPi. You might have to put one repeater in or on each freezer, but you can buy 3 for less than $20 on Amazon. I just put them in a small plastic enclosure and power it with a 5v wall wort. I have one in each of my fermentation fridges because I was having the same issue with stainless fermenters inside the fridge and my TiltPi sitting on top of the fridge. Now my Tiltbridge is across the room and works great. Use the fast delay version of the repeater unless you plan to power it with a battery

Ooh! I didn’t know about the simple repeater option. Are there hardware recommendations somewhere for the repeaters, or will any old ESP32 work?

This is all awesome.

My Rapt Pills have both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and you set which one you want to broadcast with. I sifted through a lot of online information on weather Bluetooth will go through stainless steel fermentors (my unitanks), better than wifi, and have not found a definitive answer. They are default set on wifi, and even with a router range extender, I only get a "ping" of information sporadically. So, I plan on taking the Pill out of the beer that is almost done soon, and setting it on Bluetooth. And then use @Thorrak setup here and see if I can actually get a stable update.
Not sure if the bluetooth signal, on the Pill, is compatible with this build? Will wait for response before ordering anything.

Leave it to me, to upset the Apple Cart.....

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
My Rapt Pills have both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and you set which one you want to broadcast with. I sifted through a lot of online information on weather Bluetooth will go through stainless steel fermentors (my unitanks), better than wifi, and have not found a definitive answer.

We've got a number of resident... radio-heads? who can answer more definitively than I could, but my understanding is that the short answer is that no -- both Bluetooth and WiFI use the 2.4 GHz range, so all else held equal they should have equal range.

That said, all else isn't equal. For WiFi, you typically have a centrally-placed router for your entire home/brewery, whereas you may be able to place a receiving bluetooth device closer to the transmitter (like on the side of your fridge) that then has a clearer path to your WiFi router. Additionally, the protocol that the Tilt uses is unidirectional, so where small amounts of WiFi packet loss can dramatically reduce the amount of data you can successfully transmit/receive, with iBeacon a weaker signal can (sometimes!) still be interpreted.

They are default set on wifi, and even with a router range extender, I only get a "ping" of information sporadically. So, I plan on taking the Pill out of the beer that is almost done soon, and setting it on Bluetooth. And then use @Thorrak setup here and see if I can actually get a stable update.
Not sure if the bluetooth signal, on the Pill, is compatible with this build?
Nope. Rapt and Tilt are different products and are not compatible. There may be (and likely is!) overlap between the two, but it almost certainly won't work out of the box.

At some point I may make a "raptbridge" (I went ahead and purchased raptbridge.com!) but absent having any hardware on hand to test/develop with, it's not something I've been actively working on. (That said, @KegLand , if you'd be interested let me know ;)!)

I believe any of the ESP32 or ESP32S boards will work

I think you'll need an ESP32, as the S2 doesn't have a bluetooth radio, and the S3 isn't really supported by much at the moment. I have a few S3s on order to play with, but for now they're relatively rare.

One nice thing though, is that the same hardware works for both TiltBridge (absent the screen potentially) and the Tilt Bluetooth repeater so if one build doesn't work, you can always try the other!

(That said, @KegLand , if you'd be interested let me know ;)!)
Kegland "supposedly" has an optional upgradable external antenna, but I can not find it for sale on their site, or AliExpress, etc....
Upon further research, Kegland says - " So until we find better external antennas we have ceased the sale of these inferior antennas. If however you would like to experiment with external antenna, the boards are fitted with a socket for this. If you find a particularly good antenna, please let us know."

I think they need you @Thorrak , help to get a working unit to market! Here that @KegLand ?
:yes:

Last edited:
Pretty sure they have a closed product right now. Since this is in conflict with the Tilt patent, I am pretty sure they cannot directly do business in the US with these.

Pretty sure they have a closed product right now. Since this is in conflict with the Tilt patent, I am pretty sure they cannot directly do business in the US with these.
I had to order mine from China.... They are really well-thought-out units, but I can not find anything that can penetrate my Ss Brewtech Unitanks, including the Tilts that I also have..... UGG!!

I think you'll need an ESP32, as the S2 doesn't have a bluetooth radio, and the S3 isn't really supported by much at the moment. I have a few S3s on order to play with, but for now they're relatively rare.

One nice thing though, is that the same hardware works for both TiltBridge (absent the screen potentially) and the Tilt Bluetooth repeater so if one build doesn't work, you can always try the other!
Thanks Thorrak, I wasn't thinking about some of the newer variants. I believe the ones I am using are just ESP-32. The ESP-32S, I think, were just an upgraded ESP-32 and should work, maybe someone can verify that. Not sure about compatablity with any other versions.

Just got this working! Working, as in, my tilts all show up with the correct gravity on tiltbridge.local

I've hit a snag trying to upload data to Google Sheets. I've followed the instructions to make a copy of the sheet, after which I'm supposed to select "Tools" and "Script Editor" ... but there is no "Script Editor" under tools.

What should I do to get this working with Google Sheets? Or, alternately, is my time and effort better spend getting it working with one of the other online services, and if so, what do folks recommend? Happy to pay a (small) monthly fee.

Just got this working! Working, as in, my tilts all show up with the correct gravity on tiltbridge.local

I've hit a snag trying to upload data to Google Sheets. I've followed the instructions to make a copy of the sheet, after which I'm supposed to select "Tools" and "Script Editor" ... but there is no "Script Editor" under tools.

What should I do to get this working with Google Sheets? Or, alternately, is my time and effort better spend getting it working with one of the other online services, and if so, what do folks recommend? Happy to pay a (small) monthly fee.
I’m working on it (minus the fee ;) ) but that’s a ways out. I’ll try to remember to take a look at it this weekend.

Unfortunately, the way we are using Google Sheets is a bit of a hack, and as such Google doesn’t guarantee any stability in the interface. Still — it’s a popular way to use TiltBridge, so maintaining support is preferable!

Hello Tiltbridge family! I'm getting brewing again after a year hiatus with a move and family, etc... I fired my tiltbridge up and realized I never finished the mobile app dev for a native tiltbrigde cloud solution. I whipped up tiltbridge.web.app. Here you can create an account, add your tiltbridges, and view your tilt data from any web enabled device from anywhere. There's also trending and alarm notification (leveraging your twilio account if you want to get SMS notifications). If you already downloaded the android app, the same user credentials you created before will work. Sorry, there wont be an iOS app (if anyone wants to take this on, i've already built 99% of the iOS app, I'm happy to send it to you). My mac is too old and Apple is making it harder and harder to support native apps for small projects like this, which is why I have moved the support to a web app. You can still bookmark this app on your home screen or desktop and it will behave much like a native app for iOS, Android, or Windows.

I hope you guys like it! As always thanks again to @Thorrak for this great contribution to the homebrew community!

I'm sure there's a **** ton of bugs, I whipped it up pretty quickly for this current batch I'm brewing. Feel free to let me know what doesn't work :p

Hello Tiltbridge family! I'm getting brewing again after a year hiatus with a move and family, etc... I fired my tiltbridge up and realized I never finished the mobile app dev for a native tiltbrigde cloud solution. I whipped up tiltbridge.web.app. Here you can create an account, add your tiltbridges, and view your tilt data from any web enabled device from anywhere. There's also trending and alarm notification (leveraging your twilio account if you want to get SMS notifications). If you already downloaded the android app, the same user credentials you created before will work. Sorry, there wont be an iOS app (if anyone wants to take this on, i've already built 99% of the iOS app, I'm happy to send it to you). My mac is too old and Apple is making it harder and harder to support native apps for small projects like this, which is why I have moved the support to a web app. You can still bookmark this app on your home screen or desktop and it will behave much like a native app for iOS, Android, or Windows.

I hope you guys like it! As always thanks again to @Thorrak for this great contribution to the homebrew community!

I'm sure there's a **** ton of bugs, I whipped it up pretty quickly for this current batch I'm brewing. Feel free to let me know what doesn't work :p
I'm running a veeeeery old version of the TiltBridge firmware ... v1.0.1. I'm guessing I'll have to flash in a current version to be able to use tiltbridge.web.app as I don't see any GUID for my TiltBridge. Any gotchas I should be aware of? Don't want to kill a working solution just to be able to see the TiltBridge from the local bar..err.. cough.. library.

As an aside, the Android app isn't available for download in Canada. Any reason for that?

Cheers!

Chris

I'm running a veeeeery old version of the TiltBridge firmware ... v1.0.1. I'm guessing I'll have to flash in a current version to be able to use tiltbridge.web.app as I don't see any GUID for my TiltBridge. Any gotchas I should be aware of? Don't want to kill a working solution just to be able to see the TiltBridge from the local bar..err.. cough.. library.

As an aside, the Android app isn't available for download in Canada. Any reason for that?

Cheers!

Chris
Yeah you'll probably need to update firmware, then the device will automatically register with the cloud.

Regarding app availability, the politics and complexity around publishing an app to google play or apple app store is crazy. I swear I understand my taxes more....

Generic “OLED” Enclosure by Thorrak
@Thorrak , do you sell these enclosures? I am just now putting the material list together, and take a stab at this Tilt-Bridge. Not sure if it will work with the "Pill", but anything is worth a try, instead of using my 2 Pills and 2 Tilts, as bookends, like they are now.....
I can! Most things I sell are on Tindie, and those that aren’t I can probably print/provide if you shoot me a DM.

Side note - if by “pill” you mean “rapt pill” then although I haven’t tested it I would put a fairly large sum on it not working. If it did work, that would be extremely concerning due to the way TiltBridge works.

Should work fine with the Tilts, though!

Should work fine with the Tilts, though!
I honestly do not care if the Pills ever work with your Bridge, as long as I get what I want - See my SG live. I will wake up the old Tilts, get new batteries, and go at it, to see if they can penetrate my Ss Unitanks thick skin.
Thanks for your work, on all this!
Brew ON!

@Thorrak ! What do you think about this "idea". I know there has to be a way, to let WiFi and/or Bluetooth signals, to get through a "soft" plastic like structure, or "antenna". This could be a great solution to this -
MY 2 Pills and 2 Tilts, are useless in my Ss Unitanks. I was thinking that there has to be a way, to attach a waterproof and <30psi proof, "antenna" to a Tri-Clamp. Then I could Triclamp it on, just like a thermowell, or heat-rod (etc...). This could let the wifi and Bluetooth signal escape through this non-steel wall, without the half-baked solutions, I have seen here so far.
I was actually thinking... of drilling out a heatrod, fill it with some sort of material that signals could escape through easy, (silicone, epoxy???), and attach this to the near top of my Unitanks (or any Conicals).
Am I smoking something? Your thoughts (or anyone) ???

@Thorrak ! What do you think about this "idea". I know there has to be a way, to let WiFi and/or Bluetooth signals, to get through a "soft" plastic like structure, or "antenna". This could be a great solution to this -
MY 2 Pills and 2 Tilts, are useless in my Ss Unitanks. I was thinking that there has to be a way, to attach a waterproof and <30psi proof, "antenna" to a Tri-Clamp. Then I could Triclamp it on, just like a thermowell, or heat-rod (etc...). This could let the wifi and Bluetooth signal escape through this non-steel wall, without the half-baked solutions, I have seen here so far.
I was actually thinking... of drilling out a heatrod, fill it with some sort of material that signals could escape through easy, (silicone, epoxy???), and attach this to the near top of my Unitanks (or any Conicals).
Am I smoking something? Your thoughts (or anyone) ???

Now sir - I would not call TiltBridge half-baked!

...but seriously - the whole point of TiltBridge is that it rebroadcasts your Tilt's data while outside your fermenter. Ideally, the TiltBridge would be within range of both your WiFi network and your Tilt -- but if it isn't, you can use a TiltBridge in conjunction with a Tilt Repeater located outside your fermenter as well.

What you are looking for is a passive solution. The answer is: No. Your best bet is to orient your ESP where you will be able to receive the weak signal. This is a good discussion.
I am waiting on the ESP 32, TFT 2.4 touch screen, and cable to arrive. I just figured if the signal is very week, then the ESP setup can not work unless it can pick it up? I have not read any posts here that say their Tilts or iSpindle's now work, with this gear, through their st. steel fermentors (as apposed to not working before). I will see in the next few weeks.....I only really need to put a close watch on the gravity, when I do a big gravity beer, or start with a new yeast culture. I thought the signal would pass through a non-metal substance, and I would put the ESP on top of it, outside the tanks.....

Back