Tilt V2 Hydrometer vs V3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htims05

Reaction score
What is the difference between the two versions? Is it the better sensors and battery life?

I'll be watching this thread as I'm looking into getting one of these . Hopefully people with experience of both will post about them. From what I've seen the V2 is seemed to be liked .

I purchased the Tilt 3 on Ebay a month ago and nowhere on the package does it say v3. How would I even know I actually got the 3 other than the excellent listings of the seller?
I did use it once and other then being off for the OG, it was spot on once fermentation subsided and till the end so, so far, I'm happy though I must say, I'm not sure it's worth $135. I've made perfectly good beer for over a decade without one. But I'm such a nerd sometimes.

I contacted tilt directly to ask this same question and they told me:
"The latest version of the Tilt (V3) has one cap. All previous versions have 2 caps. Please let me know if you have any questions. I'm happy to help.

Cheers,"
So my assumption is the plastic tube that houses the v3 is a single cap tube and the v2 has 2 caps which according to them is the only difference.

Back