Thunder Hole Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwberne

Reaction score
So, my family used to spend 2 weeks each summer on Mt. Desert Island in Maine, and one of the highlights of the trip was drinking (and bringing home a case of) Thunder Hole Ale, from the Bar Harbor Brewery. The other night, clearing boxes in the basement, I found an old case with two bottles left. The bottle was about 11 or 12 years old. Curious, I opened it, and it was still AWESOME! The old brewery is gone, but I would LOVE to try to make something close. Does ANYBODY have a partial mash recipe for Thunder Hole?

Are you sure it's gone? If so, maybe somebody else is brewing it. I was working on a cruise ship in the fall of 2012 (Or was it 2011? Don't totally remember haha) and I got Thunder Hole a couple of times when we went through Bar Harbor.

Basically I feel like your best bet is to get a hold of somebody who brews, or used to brew it.

Edit: Looks like Atlantic Brewery brews Bar Harbor beers now? They have Thunder Hole listed here: http://www.atlanticbrewing.com/our-beers

Yeast:Nottingham
Hops:pilgrim, Willamette
Malts:pale, Crystal, Chocolate
5.8%

Best bet for further info would probably be to try asking the brewery.

Latest posts

Back