thoughts, prayers, well wishes plz

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife who I have been with for 14 years of my 30 on earth is in bed right now and I am damn near crying reading about the situation you and your wife are in, wanting to go in and wake her up to tell her how much I love her. I feel for you and absolutely wish for a speedy recovery and for you to stay the positive and strong husband she needs right now.

I remember one time I was worried about something, which is not normal for me, my wife stopped, looked at me and began crying and said "your the calm one, you tell me it's all going to be okay".

Just try to be her calm one and reassure her it will be okay, that is your purpose on earth until she is in remission.

Maybe it will help someone though, and maybe it won't.)

It definitely helps, I appreciate it. I've actually been thinking more & more about support. My parents and family know, as well as a few close friends. She doesn't have any real family anymore...a sister & nephew who can never be bothered with us after all we've done for them, but that's it. I'm her family...so I never leave her side unless its for work that I can't get out of. I make daily calls to family, texts to friends when I'm having a hard time, but I agree, it doesn't seem to be enough some days. In a sense, reaching out on this thread has been a way for me to remember that people are pulling for us...that there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

I appreciate your kind words and take heart in the experiences you've had...just wanted you to know that I'm thankful. I'm gonna see if I can push through these next few days of chemo side effects and then seek out others that are in the same position, or were. But jeez...it sure does suck when she's asleep. Just after 7am now & I told her I'd let her sleep 'til noon if she can. Deep breaths, a cup of coffee, and we push on...

thank you all again.

Just an update:

Last Saturday & Sunday were rough with the 1st chemo cycle side effects. She was asleep most of last weekend & rarely spoke. I had friends & family over at different times to hang out in the backyard while she slept, it was comforting and made our confidence grow quite a bit. Monday she was nauseous again & took her meds so she slept through a good portion of that day as well. Then the clouds lifted on Tuesday and my wonderful girl was getting back to her old self...talking, joking, smiling & laughing. She improved more on Wednesday & by her 1 week bloodwork check-up on Thursday the only side effect she still had was some fatigue. The entire medical team was excited to see her doing so well and her numbers came back all within normal range. Bonus: She was cleared to go to the They Might Be Giants show we'd had tickets for for months. Much laughing and dancing that night and then again last night as we checked out an XTC tribute benefit show.

I'm kinda amazed at everything. Today's one month since diagnosis. This last month blazed by, mostly in a fog of tears and medical appointments. One month in and we just wrapped up two nights of great shows & she made it through 1 round of treatment & is feeling better than she has in weeks (save the fatigue).

Back