Thomas Jeffersn's Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. Out here in Philly a brewery called Yards does a series called Ales of the Revolution. I think they may have a Jefferson recipe. The do one called Tavern Spruce based on Ben Franklin's recipe of mainly molasses and spruce tips, taking into account the difficulty of finding malted barley at the time. It is very, very tasty.

Out here in Philly a brewery called Yards does a series called Ales of the Revolution. I think they may have a Jefferson recipe.

Yard's does a wonderful job recreating these revolutionary ales. I have had the pleasure of indulging in a few and must say I definitely recommend them. If you like those, their PA and IPA are just as great. My co-worker and I plan to take a tour of their brewery soon, maybe when the city thaws.
Check out their ales here:
http://www.yardsbrewing.com/ales_philadelphia-pale.asp

Star Hill is a generally good brewery, although not my favorite. People here drink it all like it's water, so I'm sure this will sell well.

Back