This Really Annoys Me Pet Peeve Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People who back into angled parking in a parking lot. Dummy, when you leave you'll either be going the wrong way, or to go the right way, you have to turn so hard you WILL hit the car next to you.

People who back into angled parking in a parking lot. Dummy, when you leave you'll either be going the wrong way, or to go the right way, you have to turn so hard you WILL hit the car next to you.

....and dumb asses who turn right in the left turn lane. (When they're in the U.S.)

Yes. This.^^^

When I have traveled through places that this is common, traffic moves so much better at choke points. Both lanes move and there is no reason to switch lanes and no road rage.

I wish that people all over the country would adopt the zipper method.

Do the zipper!

Stop saying "literally' and "random" all the goddamn time unless it's literally random. F*ckers!

Bath/shower inserts that have shelves in the middle of the wall section that bulge out into the shower space. This makes for a more narrow space while showering. Clearly, if there are to be shelves there, they should be concave, using the space between the drywall; assuming the thing is on an interior wall.

I bugs the hell out of me when people let their dogs' nails get too long.

expresslane6369d.jpg

THIS!!!!!!!
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1490279739.267703.jpg

Two cars are roofers working across the street. Park in front of that house d-bags. And yes you are technically on the street but red car while you aren't blocking my garage (which is further to the right) you are blocking part of my property that can be used for parking and are right in front of the basketball hoop my son uses everyday after school. One of two things may happen depending on my mood (not good since I just got off midnight shift).

1) my son gets out of school and I have him practice bounce passes off your passenger door
2) I wait til your working on the back side of that roof and a roofing nail ends up under your tire

And plus 1000 to the littering if I find so much as the corner of a candy wrapper we're definitely going with option 2

people across the street from us are pigs.

over the max occupancy, plus have a food truck business resulting in them having 10 overflowing garbage bins in front of their house on trash day. that part of their yard is a firkin mess.

pretty sure their kitchen hasn't been inspected or licensed for food service.

Questions with screamingly obvious answers if you'd bother half a second of thought. My wife does this all-the-time. It has started to annoy me so much I've started coming up with snappy comebacks

For example:

*baking a pie with everything layed out all over the dining room table*

Hey hun where's the roller pin again?

-what do you need it for?

*sizzle*

Well Matias (our neighbor) texted me that he needs to borrow it for some sort of a home video.

Or

*getting off work, calling wife*

Hey I'm on my way home just gotta pop into the drug store real quick

-why do you need to go there?

Well let's see I've been eating painkillers on a daily basis for ten years now and told you I'm getting low this morning but I figured I would start polka dancing and need to top up on band-aids.

Etc etc...

People who are too damned lazy to push the shopping cart into the cart corral, and instead, leave their shopping cart in a parking space.

This, especially if the cart in question is one of those kid buggy car things. Don't tell me you got two kids and can't leave them alone for less than one minute to return the cart indoors I have two kids, one 4yr one 1yr and I manage to get both and two bags of groceries to the car never bringing the cart outside in the first place!

I was walking into the store last weekend and a bunch of lazy slobs had left their carts in the entryway so there was only a narrow path in. Dip%^$! leaving drops her cart off right. In. The. Narrow. Little. Path.

people across the street from us are pigs.

over the max occupancy, plus have a food truck business resulting in them having 10 overflowing garbage bins in front of their house on trash day. that part of their yard is a firkin mess.

pretty sure their kitchen hasn't been inspected or licensed for food service.

Some anonymous, concerned citizen, looking out for the health & welfare of the community could always drop a dime. ;)
Regards, GF.

Some anonymous, concerned citizen, looking out for the health & welfare of the community could always drop a dime. ;)
Regards, GF.

our county has an website for that, and very clear laws against "nuisances" which include "Unsanitary disposal of trash, garbage, debris, construction wastes or compost"

fortunately, however, they cleaned it up just as I was complaining to my boss about it

re: the food truck. damn it does smell good first thing in the morning when I take the dog for a walk. still wouldn't eat the food

When you pour a childhood friend a pint of the best IPA you've made to date and he responds with - "Oh, it wasn't what I was hoping for it to be like. I wanted it to be more like Treehouse."

(he has since been cut off from growler fills)

When you pour a childhood friend a pint of the best IPA you've made to date and he responds with - "Oh, it wasn't what I was hoping for it to be like. I wanted it to be more like Treehouse."

(he has since been cut off from growler fills)

My best friend will chug any homebrew I give him then when asked what he thought will say "it went down fast". I don't think he can taste anything.

My best friend will chug any homebrew I give him then when asked what he thought will say "it went down fast". I don't think he can taste anything.

Thats my FIL.

Him & his wife were staying at a hotel. He's a coffee drinker, she's a tea drinker. He got up early one morning showered dressed and went out for coffee and tea. His wife when she got out of the shower decided to make her tea. It was sitting there on the vanity. The tea bag was on top of the cup's lid. She opened it and discovered the coffee. So, he drank an entire cup of hot water thinking it was coffee.

Either that or they have a major water problem at that hotel. :D

Thats my FIL.

Him & his wife were staying at a hotel. He's a coffee drinker, she's a tea drinker. He got up early one morning showered dressed and went out for coffee and tea. His wife when she got out of the shower decided to make her tea. It was sitting there on the vanity. The tea bag was on top of the cup's lid. She opened it and discovered the coffee. So, he drank an entire cup of hot water thinking it was coffee.

Either that or they have a major water problem at that hotel. :D

Our Kuerig is starting to make coffee that tastes like water. And we use bold, dark roasts.

That annoys me

:off: anyone have any idea what the eff?

Our Kuerig is starting to make coffee that tastes like water. And we use bold, dark roasts.

That annoys me

not enough grounds in a k-cup to make a decently bold cup of coffee.

That annoys me

Is it piercing the top and bottom of the k cup, right?

One idea is to run straight water through it with no k-cup. It can get clogged or fowled if you make cocoa or lattes in it and not rinsed it out. Other than that call Kuerig.

I did that once just to piss off the a$$hole who was waiting for my spot while holding up five other cars.
Steve, the next time I'm heading through Vancouver, we gotta meet up. You're my kinda guy.

That'll prolly be late summer when I head to Brew Bros to buy my bulk grains...

no cocoa, no lattes thru it, just regular coffee

tried it with no kup in there, worked fine.

stuck my finger in the stream

here's a safety tip: DON'T DO THAT! HOT!

must be the way I make the coffee. the BigHair did it this morning and it tastes like coffee

edit: dissected a used pod. looks like water got to all the grounds

Swiffer wet mop.

The handle for the thing is absolute rubbish. I have three kids, and my girlfriend and I cook every night. So the kitchen floor gets pretty gnarly.

Only way to get through some of this stuff is to put in some muscle, but if I actually tried to put my weight into it, it would snap like a twig.

Useless.

Swiffer wet mop.

The handle for the thing is absolute rubbish. I have three kids, and my girlfriend and I cook every night. So the kitchen floor gets pretty gnarly.

Only way to get through some of this stuff is to put in some muscle, but if I actually tried to put my weight into it, it would snap like a twig.

Useless.

Yeah I know. It's meant for the 112lb stay at home mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back