this beer tastes so good, oh my

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hpi

Reaction score
So a friend who brews gave me a bottle and told me I could refrigerate and drink it in 2 weeks. I am not that skilled in patience and it's thanksgiving day (happy thanksgiving peeps) and I wanted to drink it, but it's only been 6 days since he gave it to me. Anyways, I opened it up and it tastes awesome, is perfectly carbonated, super hoppy. It's making me really want to start homebrewing. But from what I've read a beer shoudn't be ready after 6 days bottle conditioning, do you think it's likely it had already been conditioned a week when he gave it to me, considering how nice it is right now?

I've had beer that was delicious before it was bottled/kegged with no carbonation. It depends on the beer. Cheers and happy thanksgiving!

If he told you to refrigerate it, then the beer was most likely fully conditioned. The two week suggestion then would've been for it to brighten.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I've had some brews perfectly carbed after 4 days in the bottle. and I've had some that have taken months. long story cut short: start home brewing. you already found a great place filled with great people willing to help and guide you through the journey of brewing.

I'll 2nd that! We can help guide you through the process with things that fill the gap between your buds & the beer!

Back