Thinking about joining the beer of the month club good or bad idea?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenchu_11

Reaction score
After watching Everybody loves Raymond re-runs and seeing his parents being so annoyed with their fruit of the month club, I wondered is there a beer of the club month? After a quick and easy google search there was, now my issue is with about 3-4 different mail order clubs which one is the best? Any good or bad experiences with them? Please let me know, thank you.

The ones I've seen seem way overpriced. If you want to try out different beers, just find a good beer and wine store that sells single bottles and do a mixed 6 pack. Guaranteed they'll be a lot fresher, you can try more than 1 beer a month and you'll save a ton of money.

My wife asked me if I wanted on of these for a Christmas gift, they are definately overpriced. She made the comment that she will drive to Whole foods and The Anderson's and pick me up randoms once a month. I haven't been through there whole selections yet anyway.

They are overpriced mainly due to the shipping. The one plus with these is that you get a cool cardboard holder for the individual bottles with the box that you can reuse to ship your homebrew to friends and family in other states (using UPS at your own risk as its technically not legal but should you choose to do it and not tell them whats in the package... you can send the yeast sample.)

Back