Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11/3/2016 email to all users "We are migrating to a new environment 11/18. The system will be down from 5 PM 11/17 until some point midday 11/18. Please send me a time I can install a cert on your computer between now and then. This will take 2 minutes"
11/14/2016 email to all users "As mentioned last week...(same content as above). Only three users will be able to access the system on 11/18 unless you have the cert installed."

One co-worker stops me in the hall that afternoon "So when do I have to do what?"

11/16/2016 email to remaining five users not yet prepared "As we all know, I am not authorized to work the week of 11/21-11/25. All of you are. Here are the instructions to install the cert yourself. I am still available until 5 PM tomorrow to assist with this."

28 users total. 22 emails between 5 PM last night and 6 AM this morning "Why can't I get into the system?" 4 emails "I cannot get the instructions for installing the cert to work for me."

People basically suck. What sucks more is the fact that I am on forced leave (which I am actually looking forward to) and these folks will have no support because Management decided all non-essential personal could not work for two weeks through the end of the year...and announced it on 11/7/2016...after the go/no-go date for the migration.

11/3/2016 email to all users "We are migrating to a new environment 11/18. The system will be down from 5 PM 11/17 until some point midday 11/18. Please send me a time I can install a cert on your computer between now and then. This will take 2 minutes"
11/14/2016 email to all users "As mentioned last week...(same content as above). Only three users will be able to access the system on 11/18 unless you have the cert installed."

One co-worker stops me in the hall that afternoon "So when do I have to do what?"

11/16/2016 email to remaining five users not yet prepared "As we all know, I am not authorized to work the week of 11/21-11/25. All of you are. Here are the instructions to install the cert yourself. I am still available until 5 PM tomorrow to assist with this."

28 users total. 22 emails between 5 PM last night and 6 AM this morning "Why can't I get into the system?" 4 emails "I cannot get the instructions for installing the cert to work for me."

People basically suck. What sucks more is the fact that I am on forced leave (which I am actually looking forward to) and these folks will have no support because Management decided all non-essential personal could not work for two weeks through the end of the year...and announced it on 11/7/2016...after the go/no-go date for the migration.

Screw 'em. You gave ample warning.

Unqualified charlatans that schmooze their way into cushy jobs, talk down to coworkers as a way to impress superiors, and blame others for their mistakes.

Two guys in my office, who are sitting within normal speaking range of each other, are talking via speaker phone. Lazy obnoxious rude fux.

as for the converse: things about me that annoy my co-workers

me to boss: the hell? customer from Birmingham, AL sent email asking for help. it's 3:20 here, they're in Central time zone and close at 4
boss: so you're telling me the earth is spinning backwards?
me: the kind of day it has been, I wouldn't be surprised

I annoy my co-workers because I'm an idiot

To the OP: Thanks for this thread.

After reading many of the post I am grateful for the few foibles I have to put up with from my co-workers. Compared to what I've read here I work with a group of saints
Unless I'm the di$85 head in the group??????

The company I work for has increased in size DRAMATICALLY in the last 5 years. Work for a consulting engineering firm; 2011 we had 40 employees. Jan 1 2012 we merged with another firm that had 60 employees.. 100 total. Later that year, we acquired another firm, bringing us up to the 120-130 range. We've been hiring like crazy, opened three more offices, and just acquired another firm. Sitting right around 250 now, and a lot of those people are used to a "whole office" distribution list getting sent to the people in the one office they work in, not the whole company.

It's not FREQUENT, but often get "Whole Office" emails like "The color printer on 5th floor is down", or "There's fresh fruit on the break room table" from someone in an office 500 miles away. Or this morning, a running "reply-all" chain between Vikings and Packers fans (we have offices in both cities). Great, it's banter back and forth between a handful of employees...that the other 230 of us don't care about. But every 5 minutes, my phone is buzzing for a new email in the chain.

It's not FREQUENT, but often get "Whole Office" emails like "The color printer on 5th floor is down", or "There's fresh fruit on the break room table" from someone in an office 500 miles away.

Heh, reminds me of the time I was on a cross-country flight, and in the in-flight magazine there was an ad from a real estate company. The ad invited everyone to stop by their office, and gave a street address. No city or state. No phone number so you could at least try to narrow it down using the area code. Nada.

Can't imagine how honked off I'd be if somebody had wasted MY money on a useless ad like that!

When someone adds me in an existing email chain and just assumes I know what everyone is referring to.

One chain was like:

Person 1: He needs to know what to order for the thing.

Me: What thing? What is this?

Person 2: I'll talk to you Monday.

Person 1: I'll fill out the form.

Me: Seriously, what is this for?

Person 1: Let me checking the funding.

Me: Why this happen

just me and the boss in his company

"reply" = "reply all"

most our correspondence is thru YIM (new version of which sucks more donkey balls than there are donkey balls available for sucking)

Heh, reminds me of the time I was on a cross-country flight, and in the in-flight magazine there was an ad from a real estate company. The ad invited everyone to stop by their office, and gave a street address. No city or state. No phone number so you could at least try to narrow it down using the area code. Nada.

Can't imagine how honked off I'd be if somebody had wasted MY money on a useless ad like that!

LOL those ads are expensive id be sooo livid to find that out.
:goat:

(sucks more donkey balls than there are donkey balls available for sucking)

I'll have my people get in touch with your people about this as it seems that our new "online" scheduling system is using up donkey balls like crazy.

Who ever thought it would be a good idea to let John/Jane Q Public schedule their own automotive repair online with no human interaction is a moron. Half the people hardly know how to put gas in their car much less what might be wrong with it or HEAVEN FORBID UNDERSTAND ROUTINE MAINTENANCE!!

Ok, sorry. I feel a little better now.

Who ever thought it would be a good idea to let John/Jane Q Public schedule their own automotive repair online with no human interaction is a moron.

Despite the fact that I will only use Dealers with this feature, I feel your pain. People are idiots.

I use the dealer for turning on cruise in my XL Ford after I swap the button cluster. I will let them do standard services (no worse than an oil change place) and major repairs under warranty but because it involves interacting with the Dealer itself, I will avoid them at all cost. A lot of it is history form the bad old days of the 90's. Some of it is experiences buying cars for the ex-wife for when I was working overseas..."I want you to treat her like I am here. I will schedule the appointment online and specify in the notes the required maintenance items per the maintenance schedule...do only those without authorization." She would leave with $70-190 of "preferred" optional services.

I also walk out of any dealer that the service adviser pulls the condescending BS when I walk in with the TSB related to my problem.

I build race cars in my spare time but I have no time for those that treat every customer with the same level of contempt. Some of us deserve a different type and reduced level of contempt.

Done venting. Yes, I feel your pain as people do act like idiots and do not understand their cars 95% of the time. I hate just also being treated like that idiot.

A new one for me after 30 years in business.
Group text.
I mean WTF????? I don't need my phone vibrating in my pocket constantly as people reply.

Wait a minute there could be an upside to this.... nevermind.

...Thinking about changing my signature to;

"Where I work, the light at the end of the tunnel is a train"
or
"Time sure does fly by, when you're all stressed out"...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been promising myself "a beer after work" all week. I believe I'll have those four beers tonight...

...maybe I'll just wait until tomorrow and make it a "five beer Friday"...

:drunk:

Getting shown pictures of everything that gets done over the weekend. I dont need a blow by blow of every minute of your weekend! Quick recap only please.

What, no power point presentation?

Happy five beer Friday. 🍻🍻🍺

I'm afraid that might be coming next. Might have next weeks beers tonight too! Gonna have to get ready for mondays presentation.

Arugh, stupid performance reviews. About as dumb as TPS Reports....

Had I known you were going to dredge up crap from 2 years ago, so you have something to complain about I would have been more verbose about your screwups this year that caused unnecessary work for everyone...I turned mine in on time, two weeks ago, you're just doing yours now?

Arugh, stupid performance reviews. About as dumb as TPS Reports....

Had I known you were going to dredge up crap from 2 years ago, so you have something to complain about I would have been more verbose about your screwups this year that caused unnecessary work for everyone...I turned mine in on time, two weeks ago, you're just doing yours now?

Someone bringing up concerns from 2 years ago? Ask why he/she waited so long to raise the issue and then point out that if these things are brought to your attention in a timely fashion you can work together with them to correct any misunderstandings.

:mug:

I used to work for a retail chain (and my wife is still there) that had an unwritten policy that no employee could get a review of "above expectations" so nobody got a raise more than $.25/year. I assume it is unwritten because she has out-lasted 5 store managers, and they all followed the rule. After 18 years, she is only $1 over their starting wage because minimum wage keeps going up.

Stop thinkin' yer network is perfect. I've checked eerydamn thing, and by Occams Razor principle, yes it IS that damn drive in the server that makes the funny noise. [emoji12]
I kid, I kid..... I'm not IT or any of the associated professionals, but y'all are beyond appreciated in my book, and I do everything I can to give you as much information as possible. "It won't work" is not a viable symptom. Lol

I'll damn sure blame the network for network problems. 100% of the time

just had a problem with one of my customers the other day. our software would work on the server, slower than cold LME on the workstations.

ping the server, slow. now who decided a 4-person office needs their server on a different subnet?

hey, network guy... call me back when you got your poop in a group

I'll damn sure blame the network for network problems. 100% of the time

just had a problem with one of my customers the other day. our software would work on the server, slower than cold LME on the workstations.

ping the server, slow. now who decided a 4-person office needs their server on a different subnet?

hey, network guy... call me back when you got your poop in a group

Whoever set that up, in my book, does not qualify as a network guy;)

Just got notice about our health insurance. (1) we're staying with the same insurance co this year (they jump from one ins co to another to save a few dollars). (2) if your spouse has insurance available where they work, they have to leave our plan and get their own... Cheapskates promised years ago that this would never happen....

Just got notice about our health insurance. (1) we're staying with the same insurance co this year (they jump from one ins co to another to save a few dollars). (2) if your spouse has insurance available where they work, they have to leave our plan and get their own... Cheapskates promised years ago that this would never happen....

I'm pretty sure there is no way for them to enforce this, as there is no way for them to find out if your spouse has another insurance available to them.

Back