The "We'll fix your label for you" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pesky customers, making me work

fixed up the tag line a little

definitely let me know if you something else done

rainydaybrewery.jpg

I have a sketch that my Brother In Law did for me. It would be so cool to have it cleaned up and made into something. His colors and idea I really like and hope to preserve that if possible. He has never been a beer guy and the brew this label that was designed for was the first one he could actually drink. Anyway, all I have is this format. (.jpg)

The brew is Problem Child IPA.

Anything can be done with this? That would be so awesome

I too went like Grognerd and wanted to "fix it" up a bit. When I looked at it I initially thought the he was carrying a fishing pole. Then you said later about the Andy Griffith Show and fishing, so I decided to show the whole fishing pole.

Problem Child IPA .jpg

I too went like Grognerd and wanted to "fix it" up a bit. When I looked at it I initially thought the he was carrying a fishing pole. Then you said later about the Andy Griffith Show and fishing, so I decided to show the whole fishing pole.

WOW! nice

does anyone feel up to chucking together an image on a transparent background that combines an oranguatan with a big hunk of Ginger Root, or a Ginger root with a head of flaming red hair? maybe take Fry from Futurama's hair, and replace his face with a Chunk of Ginger root?

I'm looking for something I can use for my Ginger Ranga cider with ginger and orange zest.

The rest of the label I've got under control, just not the main image.

Thanks

does anyone feel up to chucking together an image on a transparent background that combines an oranguatan with a big hunk of Ginger Root, or a Ginger root with a head of flaming red hair? maybe take Fry from Futurama's hair, and replace his face with a Chunk of Ginger root?

I'm looking for something I can use for my Ginger Ranga cider with ginger and orange zest.

The rest of the label I've got under control, just not the main image.

Thanks

I don't know if this is what you were looking for but here's Fry.

Edit: Sorry it's so huge, I don't know how to make the preview small

fryginger.png

I'm not sure what I was thinking, but that's pretty good, and it'll work

Any active aspiring (or experienced) graphic designer is looking to do a mock up of a logo? I want to call my home brewery "Bearded Joker" and surprisingly can't find any using me. Google

I'm not sure how backed up this thread is, but attached is a logo that I made. I tried the "trace bitmap" function in inkscape, but I need to better understand inkscape before I go messing around too much more.
I think I'm going to make 3x5 notecards for my brews with a label-like artwork on the front and a more in-depth description on the back. I'm not a professional brewer, and don't intend to be. Just something to help me remember what I made and gives friends an idea of what to expect.
I grew up on a corn/soybean farm in Illinois, and my jokes are generally rather corny. So that's where the name comes from. I'm not set on anything really except some reference to corn and my terrible jokes/puns.

Corny Brewing Co..png

I know it's not what you asked for but if you give a little more detail I can try to do something for you. Like do you want a fancy-ish label, retro dirty (like this) retro-clean, minimalist, etc.. anyways, I got bored and liked the corn theme so I made this if you make an IPA anytime soon.

hopcorn 2.jpg

Any active aspiring (or experienced) graphic designer is looking to do a mock up of a logo? I want to call my home brewery "Bearded Joker" and surprisingly can't find any using me. Google

Not sure exactly you were looking for, but here's my interpretation.

Bearded Joker.jpg

A) The Hopcorn label is awesome! I don't often brew IPAs, but I'm going to have to now. I can't let something that awesome go to waste.

B) I'm not exactly sure what "style" this is but I like the style in the folowing links:
http://www.clipartof.com/portfolio/...-over-a-picket-fence-in-a-circle-1425439.html

http://www.clipartof.com/portfolio/...tor-in-a-crest-design-with-wheat-1419274.html

http://www.clipartof.com/portfolio/...-house-barn-and-silos-at-sunrise-1121994.html

C) I think I want to use it as a unifying element across all my different "descriptor cards." For example the "Corny Brewing" art would go in the lower left corner. Above it would be IBU, Brew Date, and IBU. Across the bottom would be information like style and/or hops used. Art specific to the specific recipe would start in the upper right corner and extend towards the "Corny Brewing" art.

Not sure exactly you were looking for, but here's my interpretation.

Was hoping to be more of a joker you would see on a playing card, not the joker from batsman cause I foresee copyright issue if I ever sold. But I like they style!

Hey guys, I'm sure there are a million and a half requests on here now, but I wanted to toss mine in for some assistance.

I'm not wholly terrible with photoshop, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make this image more 'crisp.' I'm hoping to have it at a high enough res to print vinyl labels. Any help, or even advice would be supremely appreciated.

Brau.png

I messed around with GIMP a little but could not find a nice calligraphic form, as a first time user and long time user of Paint I was frustrated. Wanted to have a transferrable name the homebrewery is named "Very Good Brewery"

(if you watch Parks and Recreation you may catch the reference)

Anyways if someone has a script that looks along the sorts of this (attached on surfboard) and wouldn't mind posting "VGB" and "Very Good Brewery" it would be much appreciated. I attached the ideal and what I have now.

This could even open a window for trade if you so desire, if nobody wants to I understand but thanks in advance :)

View attachment 1479339754661.jpg

View attachment 1479339774569.jpg

A) The Hopcorn label is awesome! I don't often brew IPAs, but I'm going to have to now. I can't let something that awesome go to waste.

Thanks, I could change the style of beer if you want. Also I couldn't think of a new logo so I basically just copied yours. But two problems: 1: I didn't read C on your list above, and it may be too complicated to incorporate into another label
2: I remembered the name wrong, oops.

I'm also not a fan of the background rays colors and size so I wanna redo them.

But I thought I'd give you the rough draft. Let me know what you may like/dislike and I can tweak it. It may be a little while though, I got a busy week coming up.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1479357931.748212.jpg

I like how it's coming along. I like that the glass and corn actually has color, and the shield is really cool. I think I would like it better if it had a less distressed look. Something along these lines. Sorry they're videos. I couldn't find pictures that didn't link to videos.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsGaM8-Q1pI[/ame]
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_unsN11k5g[/ame]
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOBWapavQIU[/ame]

Ah cool, ok. Less distressed, more polished and minimal, more like a stamp. Keep it color or go with black and white?

I think I'm leaning towards color, but you're a lot better at this than I am. Like I said earlier, I'm not a pro, and just want something to help me remember what I made and impress my friends. I trust your judgement. When it's not fun for you anymore, that's when it's good enough for me.

Hey guys, I'm sure there are a million and a half requests on here now, but I wanted to toss mine in for some assistance.

I'm not wholly terrible with photoshop, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make this image more 'crisp.' I'm hoping to have it at a high enough res to print vinyl labels. Any help, or even advice would be supremely appreciated.

Since the resolution is already high I'm guessing the crisp you are looking for, is what I would call pop (making it stand out more). I took it and embossed the lettering, then drop shadowed everything. I did this in Photoshop also. Is this what you are looking for?

Brau Shoppe Craig.jpg

Since the resolution is already high I'm guessing the crisp you are looking for, is what I would call pop (making it stand out more). I took it and embossed the lettering, then drop shadowed everything. I did this in Photoshop also. Is this what you are looking for?

First of all - Thanks!

I love how crisp it is, but I think my brother is going to fight me on keeping the flat-vibe. How were you able to clean up those messy-looking lines that I currently have?

(If this is something that is easy to find online, feel free to say so, I just don't know what I would call this kind of touch up.)

...if someone has a script that looks along the sorts of this (attached on surfboard) and wouldn't mind posting "VGB" and "Very Good Brewery" it would be much appreciated. I attached the ideal and what I have now.

I threw this together. That exact font is a hard font to locate with a google search! Hopefully it's along the lines of what you want.

It's a png file, so it shouldn't have a background.

VGB-2.png

Last edited:
I threw this together. That exact font is a hard font to locate with a google search! Hopefully it's along the lines of what you want.

It's a png file, so it shouldn't have a background.

Yes the really extravagant stuff is hard to find with tons of loops and hooks, but I dig what you have much better than what I'm using :)

I think over the summer I'll try to make a font of my own I can put pen to paper but computers scare me. That is I'll have to learn how to make a font and then do it to be exact.

First of all - Thanks!

I love how crisp it is, but I think my brother is going to fight me on keeping the flat-vibe. How were you able to clean up those messy-looking lines that I currently have?

(If this is something that is easy to find online, feel free to say so, I just don't know what I would call this kind of touch up.)

Well, I didn't really clean your lines up, I just made new ones to avoid any problems. Actually your lines didn't look that bad, except that they looked like you added an outline (whether an outer glow or a contour in the Blending Options.) which left a dark gap between the inner line and the outer line making it look more rough. You won't get perfectly smooth lines in Photoshop due to the pixels it uses. There are other programs available that will make the smooth lines. Anyway I attached a pic of an example of our 2 lines for comparison. You can see that they are very similar without any Blending. You also had a line running thru both sides of the top angled line. I suspect it was just part of the stars that you added up there, I added an arrow to the area on the left. Also here is a link to a short YouTube video that shows smoothing out lines, which I didn't do to my lines. [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9hicX0gyXI[/ame]

I like the way you designed the label to be minimal and clean! I'm guessing your brother is a barber or hair stylist, who has time to cut hair during the mash or the boil!

Line Example.jpg

Well, I didn't really clean your lines up, I just made new ones to avoid any problems. Actually your lines didn't look that bad, except that they looked like you added an outline (whether an outer glow or a contour in the Blending Options.) which left a dark gap between the inner line and the outer line making it look more rough. You won't get perfectly smooth lines in Photoshop due to the pixels it uses. There are other programs available that will make the smooth lines. Anyway I attached a pic of an example of our 2 lines for comparison. You can see that they are very similar without any Blending. You also had a line running thru both sides of the top angled line. I suspect it was just part of the stars that you added up there, I added an arrow to the area on the left. Also here is a link to a short YouTube video that shows smoothing out lines, which I didn't do to my lines. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9hicX0gyXI

I like the way you designed the label to be minimal and clean! I'm guessing your brother is a barber or hair stylist, who has time to cut hair during the mash or the boil!

Thanks for the info - I'm kind of a one-trick pony when it comes to design. I work at an agency and all, but I'm no designer.

As for the barbershop tie in, our Great grandfather, Grandfather, and Uncle were all Barbers, but we sold the shop when my Uncle passed away a few years ago. This is our homage to a family tradition.

Looking for some design help with our new Brewery Logo. The Brewery name is "Off The Cuff Brewing". We are thinking that our branding is going to be along the lines of what Mikkeller does but with a bit of a harder edge to it - maybe bit more far-east anime style. Just looking for anyone that may be able to help with some ideas. Just trying to come up with a logo that fits in with that style. Any ideas appreciated. I attached an idea that I had.....not sure this is all that original so could use some help jazzing it up a bit. Thanks again.

IMG_0175.jpg

I'm thinking about a whimsical cartoonish label for the American Honey Pale Ale I just bottled up yesterday. I'd thought a beehive like this one I clipped from a google search would be a fun place to start, but I bet some of you guys have even better ideas?

Behive.jpg

really like the logo, not a fan of the font, it's OK for the name, but not for the ABV% & volume. hard to read when it's angled like that. if you keep the font, maybe put the ABV next to/underneath where it says "An English..." and the volume over on the right directly across.

& kinda weird you have to turn the bottle on its side to read you need to keep it upright

overall very good

& kinda weird you have to turn the bottle on its side to read you need to keep it upright

overall very good

:smack:

OK... yeah... face palm on that one. LOL Good catch, thanks. Hahah! Thanks for the feedback, will play with the font. I wasn't sold on that font either, but I'm not a design-minded person in the least... no idea what would work well, and just kind of chose something at random.

Hey all,

Looking for some help with my logo. I have a buddy that has been promising help with it for a year or so now but has not made a real commitment to helping me. I have played with photoshop a little but after seeing some of the logos on here I figured I'd turn it over to the pros!

Here's my idea... My brewery is called 5 Alarm Brewing Co. and I thought it might be cool to use a traditional leather fire helmet (like the one attached) with the brewery name on the top and bottom rockers on the helmet front. Change the number in the center from 66 to 30 and wrap a pike pole around the whole thing in a circle.

I was thinking pretty minimalist in design and color kind of like a Deschutes or New Belgium logo to facilitate easier/cheaper printing, decal creation etc.

Thanks in advance guys!

large_522_Cairns_N6A_Houston_Leather_Helmet.jpg

I downloaded Inkscape but am quickly realizing that I shouldn't quit my dayjob.... This is kind of a rough idea of what I was thinking of but no where near close to where I'd be willing to put it on my growlers, pint glasses etc.

I think in my mind it should look something like the image in this video at around the 11:08 mark. Black and white... [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhiZHbvTV34[/ame]

Helmetcopy.png

Latest posts

Back