The "We'll fix your label for you" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThorGodOfThunder

Reaction score
There are a lot of people here who are great at illustrator/photoshop/whatever and there are a lot of people here who are not.

This thread seemed to be heading this direction, so I decided to make a new thread where people can post drawings or previous designs that they might want tweaked or modified and they just don't have the resources or skill to do it.

So here how this will work. All work is done for free by the community. If you want to reward your artist with a few homebrews that is between you two, but the assumption is that everything is gratis.

That considered, you get what you pay for. I'm sure we'll all try the best we can, but keep in mind that we all probably work full-time and have other hobbies that enjoy. In other words, we'll help you, but don't be a dick.

Let one artist work on each project. So if someone says they got it, try not to jump in a take over.

So lets get started. Who needs work done?

Is this still a thing, I have the basic idea drawn up just needs some help.

I like and would like to keep the cartoonish feel, just wold like to add some "Texas" character.

Texas Ale Works will be the name of the Brewery

T

logo.jpg

adding some colour would be great if I had any skills at all.

I was excited about this thread, but it seems the OP has been on vacation.

No big deal really, it was a super awesome gesture.

I will keep on tweaking it as best I can.

T

I'll see what i can do for you. I start vacation tomorrow so I'll whip something up for you. What kind of Texas theme were you thinking to go along with that logo? Maybe state colors in the wings? Maybe look around on 1001freefonts.com for your text type.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'll see what i can do for you. I start vacation tomorrow so I'll whip something up for you. What kind of Texas theme were you thinking to go along with that logo? Maybe state colors in the wings? Maybe look around on 1001freefonts.com for your text type.

Yeah color in the wings.

The font is a free font. Just can't remember the name right now and I am on the road

Cleaned it up in illustrator and added some color and used the font you like. I will come up with a few other versions tomorrow just to see something else. Maybe beer color in the glass or rounded text above the stars. Its a start.
image_zpsed253e52.jpg

Totally cool. Thanks a lot can't wait to see what comes next

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

That looks good. I wonder if making the stars an exact replica of the star on the state flag would take away the cartoonish feel that the brewer wants. Also, how would it look without a circle behind the glass and bringing in the wings slightly to close that gap of the missing circle?

Just more curious. I'm not into the cartoonish idea but the font can really help matters I bet.

First of all, these are great!!!! Love the name at the top!!!

Can I ask a favor? In the wings switch the red and blue and make the text a bit bolder.

If it is too much I understand

Thanks again

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

My display is calibrated and that blue is showing as purple for me.
Is that intentional?

Showing as blue to me. Will try and play with the blues later. This logo is becoming a chore. Lol

Showing as blue to me. Will try and play with the blues later. This logo is becoming a chore. Lol

Oh Man!!

I never wanted for it to become a problem, I can not thank you enough for all the work you have already done.

It is so far beyond my skills.

I can adjust color and simple things like that, gotta love bucket fill....

Please do not take time away from your real life to work on this, I am blown away with all that you have done already.

Thanks so very much!!!!

Tim

Just a little bit of messing with the colors, and adding a simple filter to the the logo.

@cadensdad16 you are the poop!!!!:rockin:

LogoColorV2png.jpg

Only thing that I see that might need tweeked is to make the "Y" the same size as the rest of the text, and I wold make the chick on the side of the lable as tall as the lable and pull her all the way over to the left edge.

Well, I took some liberties with your label. :D If you don't like it, no worries! Let me know what you think. I didn't really know how to clean it up without changing it completely since I am not very good with photoshop and couldn't change things around with that background.

kellymonsterlabel_zps59719762.png

Well, I took some liberties with your label. :D If you don't like it, no worries! Let me know what you think. I didn't really know how to clean it up without changing it completely since I am not very good with photoshop and couldn't change things around with that background.

kellymonsterlabel_zps59719762.png

Wow, that is sharp.

This is a real quick idea of what I was talking about, just need to fix the Y in Kelly

Presentation1.jpg

Just a little bit of messing with the colors, and adding a simple filter to the the logo.

@cadensdad16 you are the poop!!!!:rockin:

This is really nice. I love the muted colors and the shadow you've got going on.

I know photoshop inside and out and if I hadn't just bought a house, I would love to help with labels. I'll keep checking in when I can get some free time.

This is really nice. I love the muted colors and the shadow you've got going on.

I know photoshop inside and out and if I hadn't just bought a house, I would love to help with labels. I'll keep checking in when I can get some free time.

I know 2 things about photoshop

Jack and ****....lol

I just use gimp and the amazing bucket fill with the Cartoon filter to get the lowlights along the outlines...lol :ban:

I like my labels rough outline, but I'm not a fan of how I have "Shegogue Brew" at the bottom with that standard wheat. Would appreciate your take on that or creating something of a simple SB type circular logo that I could use for bottle caps or neck labels

On mobile so here is one pic, should be able to view more on my blog under the recipes page. Labels for the wall, plastered pilgrim, bad bear, durstlocher etc.
wrongCoastIPA.png

I like my labels rough outline, but I'm not a fan of how I have "Shegogue Brew" at the bottom with that standard wheat. Would appreciate your take on that or creating something of a simple SB type circular logo that I could use for bottle caps or neck labels

On mobile so here is one pic, should be able to view more on my blog under the recipes page. Labels for the wall, plastered pilgrim, bad bear, durstlocher etc.
url]

What do you mean by SB type? Like an abbreviated Shegogue Brew?

Ya the letter S and B for Shegogue brew. I guess I am looking for more of a logo that would some how include something that makes it recognizable as beer related... I know this is very broad, sorry

Latest posts

Back