The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno. The first season or two was pretty awesome, then it just tapered off. I continued watching...hoping for something exciting to happen, but it rarely does. When Herschel got his head sliced off I was actually happy something major occured.

Did ya notice the army guys reaction (one with the scientist) while in the train car, at the end of the last episode, when rick said "they messed with the wrong group of people" (or something to that effect).

He just kinda did a "sigh" and looked away like..wtf ever dude, that's just big talk...

Or at least that was my impression...(of course he has not been around rick and all, so he don't know)

Your thoughts?

Oh yeah, my cream stout will have been carbing in bottle for two weeks this Sunday, probably conditioning for two more before I pop them tops....

What were ya'll brewing during this past walking dead season?

Did ya notice the army guys reaction (one with the scientist) while in the train car, at the end of the last episode, when rick said "they messed with the wrong group of people" (or something to that effect).

He just kinda did a "sigh" and looked away like..wtf ever dude, that's just big talk...

Or at least that was my impression...(of course he has not been around rick and all, so he don't know)

Your thoughts?

Oh yeah, my cream stout will have been carbing in bottle for two weeks this Sunday, probably conditioning for two more before I pop them tops....

What were ya'll brewing during this past walking dead season?

He did that too when Daryl said they were his friends for being Glen's friends. Kinda laughed it off and stated that they wouldn't be friends long.

I have not brewed in 2 months. :(

Did the crystal add notable sweetness, or was 1lb not enough?

:off:
It was perfect.

With the low bitterness and tangerine peel, I was going for a slightly sweet beer. It was so balanced and good, I brewed it twice in 6 months.

The only other styles I regularly repeat are over the top IPAs and Blacker than your soul stouts.

When this show has been cancelled and this thread dies.........Who will be accused of raising a zombie thread by posting here in the year 2020?

When this show has been cancelled and this thread dies.........Who will be accused of raising a zombie thread by posting here in the year 2020?

I'll make a mental note. There was a thread a year ago about zombie threads, and I waited for a year just so I could post in it ironically, but I don't know if anyone noticed.

I just finished the graphic novel volume where the prison attack went down, I think it's interesting the things that have deviated from the comic vs. series. I don't think any of this can count as spoilers since the prison thing happened right? For example, the way the governor looked was drastically different, what about Rick's hand, of course the deaths of Shane and Lori weren't really fit for tv, but overall I think the variations have been fairly mild from the novel and has led to a more original story line. Am I the only one that thinks that Team Grimes seems a little more hardened in the books?

Sorry for getting off topic of the off topic conversations:mug:

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397511339.477535.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Does anyone use one of these boxes like Roku or Amazon Fire to watch Walking Dead? How do these things work? We're seriously considering dropping cable and getting Amazon Fire. We're already Prime members anyway.

We've been Roku users for about 4 years now, but didn't cut the cord on our satellite service until the end of last year. It's only been about 4 months, but I can say that I don't miss it at all (okay, I do miss HBO a little bit, but I can live without it if it means not having the $110 satellite bill every month). We have Prime, Netflix, and Hulu Plus and between all of those, there's a lot to watch. All of the AMC shows usually hit Netflix streaming within 6 months or so, but if you can't wait, you can buy them from Amazon on Demand the day after they premier on AMC for $2.99 HD or $1.99 SD, plus they give you a discount if you subscribe to the entire season.

As far as quality, it's HD most of the time, but it can lose some quality or make you wait for it to re-buffer if your internet connection isn't very fast or bandwidth get's compromised from simultaneous use. I have a 7.5Mbs DSL connection and it does suffer from some of those aforementioned issues every now and then, but most of the time it streams in HD with no issues once the buffer fills, which can take a couple of minutes after you begin watching a program. If you have a house full of people all streaming independently, that will affect bandwidth and slow things down a bit. Overall, though, I'm happy with our Rokus (we have 3), especially considering the arse-load of money I'm no longer spending on the satellite service.

Does anyone use one of these boxes like Roku or Amazon Fire to watch Walking Dead? How do these things work? We're seriously considering dropping cable and getting Amazon Fire. We're already Prime members anyway.

If you are considering a new TV or DVR, most will be web capable now. I'd certainly consider buying a cheapish blu-ray that can get web channels. More bang for the buck that way.

If you are considering a new TV or DVR, most will be web capable now. I'd certainly consider buying a cheapish blu-ray that can get web channels. More bang for the buck that way.

WRONG! ;)

Rokus are CHEAP, and evolving. There are roku specific channels that are NOT websites.

The real way to do what you are suggesting, is to get a cheap desktop computer and hardwire it to your tv with a wireless keyboard and mouse.

I would still have a roku though.

Haven't paid for cable TV or satellite for three years now. I use my Xbox and a few different services like Amazon Prime on the Xbox to watch most of the shows I like and haven't been disappointed. As long as you get into knowing you have to wait a day to watch your favorite shows like The Walking Dead, and Bates motel it's OK.

It also helps that I'm not on any social media sites so I don't have to worry about spoilers from people tweeting or anything like that.

With my Xbox one, it has a built in blu ray, so hitting the local redbox works well for new releases as well as Xbox video.

The only thing that becomes difficult are sports. Xbox does offer sports packages but I don't watch a whole lot other than football so I can usually find a service online to stream it from my laptop to the TV.

Rokus are CHEAP, and evolving. There are roku specific channels that are NOT websites. I would still have a roku though.

Yeah, one of the advantages of a Roku over the other streaming options, such as Xbox, smart TV, or streaming-enabled Blu-Ray is that Roku is constantly adding new channels, so you have access to a lot more programming than with the other streaming hardware. I think the new Amazon Fire TV is intended to compete with Roku and may give it a decent run for its money, but it may take a while for it to catch up.

WRONG! ;)

Rokus are CHEAP, and evolving. There are roku specific channels that are NOT websites.

The real way to do what you are suggesting, is to get a cheap desktop computer and hardwire it to your tv with a wireless keyboard and mouse.

I would still have a roku though.

I'm not talking about websites. These things have aps for netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and all those other channels that nobody really watches.

I have a Blu-ray that I got for $90 that I have in the bedroom, it gets all those channels, but I can watch DVDs too if I want.......Having said all that, I very rarely use it! :)

Latest posts

Back